Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can i Do? Re:Irish teacher

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Just spend 15 min looking at the essay to learn the night before. 15 min zip! You will remember most of it. Write wat u remember i.e. the ideas and pad the rest - U r well able to do this - u got an A. So u wont get an A/B in the essay, big deal. U will still do better than most in the class. With the amount of time u have spent giving out and coming up with stratigies etc.. u would have it learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Webmonkey wrote:
    What the hell is wrong with you?

Wrong with me? What u talking about?

Seriously though, if you got an A in the junior cert and u can write a C grade essay without study and your only in fifth year you are well capable of getting an A in the leaving cert, easily. I can't really understand this situation, you want to learn how to speak irish and not how to write essays on racism???? Yea i'd rather learn how to speak german without doing comprehensions on a handicapped boy who has a guide dog. so what?

Aswel u said u won't use "an essay on racism in irish". Do u think i'm going to ever need an essay on the French Third Republic that i learnt by heart when i leave school? Seriously its the leaving cert, cos u leave it all behind u. U never need the vast majority of it again. But it does give u an education, which tries to make u think for yourself. Another days topic.....

Tough **** thats the leaving cert, and its what everybody else is doing. Are u going for 700 points or something? your being such a bitch about it.

[Bold] -well done, you've just summarised my point. thank you.

[Red] - I'm going to leave my accounting behind me if i choose to do accounting? I'm going to leave my physics behind me if i choose to do engineering? It's called keeping your options open, i'm not certain what i want in life so i don't want to be pigeonholed at the age of 16. I'm taking a range of subjects which means that there is an array of third-level course which might interest me when that time comes.

Of course i agree!!! Thats why i said "vast majority". But whether u use it after school or not, is irrelevant in this argument. Your goal should be to get the best in your leaving cert so you can get whatever course you want.

I'm getting sidetracked, back to the topic. Your approach to irish is that you want to learn the language and maybe speak it fluent but you don't realise that speaking irish fluent won't neccesarily get u an A in the leaving cert. Since you "want to leave your options in life open" i suggest that u do learn those essays to get whatever course you want.

Be realistic.

Of course i agree!!! Thats why i said "vast majority". But whether u use it after school or not, is irrelevant in this argument. Your goal should be to get the best in your leaving cert so you can get whatever course you want.

I'm getting sidetracked, back to the topic. Your approach to irish is that you want to learn the language and maybe speak it fluent but you don't realise that speaking irish fluent won't neccesarily get u an A in the leaving cert. Since you "want to leave your options in life open" i suggest that u do learn those essays to get whatever course you want.

Be realistic.

You've got it exactly there, but the thing is i couldn't care less if i got an A in the leaving in Irish, if needs be i'll learn the lanuguage in honours and take a pass paper on the day, i want a standard of irish, i don't care about the exam in it.

• Advertisement

:confused:

Seriously i can't understand u, i mean i know what your saying i just don't know why. Let me ask u, is irish your weakest subject or close to it?

nope, but it is the subject that i'd need to do the most work on to get an A from.

You could have saved me some time by saying that!!! Well your obviously a very capable student if you can manage an A in Irish J.C and not be bothered trying to go for the A in the leaving. With that said i don't think i'll bother saying much else, except good luck. Go to the Gaeltacht in the summer or something if you have such gra for irish or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Seriously though, if you got an A in the junior cert and u can write a C grade essay without study and your only in fifth year you are well capable of getting an A in the leaving cert, easily. I can't really understand this situation, you want to learn how to speak irish and not how to write essays on racism???? Yea i'd rather learn how to speak german without doing comprehensions on a handicapped boy who has a guide dog. so what?

Aswel u said u won't use "an essay on racism in irish". Do u think i'm going to ever need an essay on the French Third Republic that i learnt by heart when i leave school? Seriously its the leaving cert, cos u leave it all behind u. U never need the vast majority of it again. But it does give u an education, which tries to make u think for yourself. Another days topic.....

Tough **** thats the leaving cert, and its what everybody else is doing. Are u going for 700 points or something? your being such a bitch about it.

How is learning a teachers work off by heart thinking for yourself?

4Xcut wrote:
    How is learning a teachers work off by heart thinking for yourself?

ur an idiot. where did i say that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Sorry, i was wrong, i miss-read the names on the posts or something. You said that you thought it was good that he was given sample esssays. I mistakenly thought you had also said that education was about thinking for yourself. Obviously those are two contradictory statements.

Advertisement