Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody done work with web cams?

Options
  • 22-08-2001 7:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Right,

I want to create an interface to a web cam in a project I am drafting up. Does anyone know how I could develop some software in Java (or anything really!), that would enable me to capture images from a web cam. My prefference is Java, coz it's the business logic that will be handling the image and will be running on a platform independent tier.

Any info or links etc, would be very helpful.

TIA,
    ;-phobos-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Most webcams come with software that allows you "stream" what it sees to the web. Basically all it does is copy a GIF file up to a website every couple of seconds, you could easily write code to get that image off the web.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Very true, but that software is platform dependent. Cheers m8, that is probably the best sollution for now, until I can come up with a better one. smile.gif

Actually no wait I have just come up with another idea, and have the sollution to it. cool.gif

Thanx,

;-phobos-)

Advertisement