Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agents - Get you floor areas right !!

Options
  • 10-04-2005 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I recently bought a 1 bedroom apartment in Dublin city centre. This involved viewing a lot (over 20) of 1 beds in the city centre.

The problem was that I would be told by an agent on the phone that the apartment was say 500 square feet and in walk-in condition, BUT when I showed up the place would be in a mess and would be about 350 square foot. A real pain in the ass when you had to leave work early and get a taxi or a bus to the viewing. This was not the exception, but the norm.

Even ads on myhome.ie often give the wrong information. It annoyed me so much that I've lodged a complaint about a particular agent with the IAVI. According to the IAVI's own regulations, agents can't do this. However, the IAVI don't seem too bothered. Is it any wonder Estate agents are a hated lot.

Any similiar experienes?

(If so, PLEASE compalain to the IAVI and they may finally see it as a problem)

Are estate Agents honest ? 1 vote

Stand up guys
    0% 0 votes
    Lying fools
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

estate agents do quite well especially now the market has boomed. they get 1500 euro minimum to sell something that sells itself pretty much.

they arent a very professional bunch but then again name one profession that are professional?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Complain to the www.ASAI.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

was told cooker was included, which it wasn't.

na, they're crooks.

Advertisement