Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hows life?

Options
  • 10-04-2005 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how y'all are?

Stresses?

Questions?

Good things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Life is blissfully lazy.

I spent four hours today cutting things out of magazines and sticking them together for no reason.

I should be stressing over the fact that I still haven't started studying, and the art project has to be done in 3 weeks, but really... I'm not. Ah tis great to slack. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Bejaysis I've got art to do, English is coming along nicely, so is the home-ec junk! I cant wait for next year, LCVP! Whoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Rozabeez wrote:
    Bejaysis I've got art to do,
    and the art project has to be done in 3 weeks, but really

my art project was incredibly poorly put together and i still got a C
    my friend did it the day before and got a D

whoever said study can be boring is right, the books are really too big to read, far too much superflous text contained in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Yes BUT nobody wants to get a C or a D.

Duh.

Stress is kinda mounting, not just from school but from other...stuff. I just try to sleep through as much as possible (did you know you can do it standing up? FACT!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Flashling wrote:
    Yes BUT nobody wants to get a C or a D.

well, in my school art was compulsory and im not the best at drawing etc. so i find that doing relatively little work and getting a C was alot better than the fella next to me who put in alot more effort and time and got a B

my point was that im bad at art and got a C with little work so other people shouldnt have to worry about it all that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Not to take away from the junior cert but look at the big picture. Don't sacrafice long term learning for a better mark in the j.c. In other words study irish grammer instead of religion for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Very much like Purplefistmixer, just substitute art for technology. Technology makes me a little more nervous than art would because you can only do it in school whereas I presume you can do some of your art portfolio at home or whatever. Mind you it MIGHT help if any one of the four circuits our teacher gave us to construct actually worked... anyway I'm rambling. Haven't really done much study, we're still getting a good bit of homework - though I suppose that's not a very good excuse! All in all, stress isn't really a word that's in my vocabulary when talkin bout exams. That might all change the week before the JC. I'm still kinda in the mindset of "I could so get all eight major courses covered in a week" (that being the week before the exam). The more I think about this view, the less believable it seems, that's why I don't really think about it... still clinging to hope!!!

We're not supposed to do art at home, but sometimes we can do it in supervised. My packaging is taking ages adn I'm missing art today because I'm sick. I wouldnt mind getting a C or D in art, apart from the amount of time and energy put into it when I could be doing more important stuff, seeing as I'm dropping art next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

I'm pretty confident, theres loadsa time yet imo...
    Haven't started studyin, but I hope to very soon (teachers are startin to give us slightly less homework, so at leasts it's possible for me to study now (I cannot study after doin 2.5hrs+ of mostly-useless homework)).

I've got almost all the courses finished in school so I get aloada revision done in class, which is... valuable.

Not really stressed. As long as I do get enuff study done between now and June I'll be grand. My only fear is doin crap in the JC, (not in itself but:) knowing that I studied far more for my 1st year xmas tests than the junior......

But I think (know) the absolutely huge amounts of study I did in 1st and 2nd year (and not-so-much 3rd year) has helped alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Flashling wrote:
    I just try to sleep through as much as possible (did you know you can do it standing up? FACT!)
    It puts you at risk of falling over though. You're not a horse. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Hey people don't stress too much right? Next year you will be laughing of how you got so worked up over the Junior Cert. It means nothing much in life, its the leaving cert that matters at the end of the day (which is what i'm doing).
    I'm not telling you to stop studying but don't over do it. Do as much as you can and all you can do then is your best and don't be in competition with other people over marks, thats just not good for you.
    Wish you all the best in it but remember don't break down over it :) It's just the JC...

Webmonkey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

I'm waiting for it to sink in that there's only about 7/8 weeks till the JC. I have yet to start properly studying, i intended to today, but that's gone out the window as i have to babysit. Along with other commitments, most nights i don't sit down to do my homework till around 7pm! So fitting in extra revision is going to be tough, but i better find a way...

Suprisingly i amn't even getting told off by my parents which is nice. I think they've forgotten what year I'm in... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Your parents don't care!

Sometimes I don't like you all that much. Mine have gone a little obsessive, which DOESN"T HELP. Actual quote "Dear, you know we expect you to get at least 6 As, don't you? Anything else isn't really an 'our family' type mark"

And Victor, you're right, I'm not a horse. I'm a broom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

My parents don't care so much, since my sister's doing her leaving cert, so all focus is on her. 'Tis great. :D

My mam is supportive, but she doesnt force me to study...some of my friends arent even allowed talk on the phone!! it's all study study study....scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Parents don't seem to want to make me worry: Don't feel worried (apart from Metalwork. Project needs to be finished by Friday). Spent the whole weekend not studying. I got four honors in mocks, I just need to pick up a bit, that's all.

Advertisement