Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sync phone & palm

Options
  • 10-04-2005 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

OK guys this is my prob....
    I use Palm T3 with an address book containing approx 3000 entries , I bought a Sony Ericcson P900 because its phone book can hold all these numbers & more. I initally copied the numbers from Palm by exporting to windows address & syncing to the phone from there. But as the address book in my palm changes on a daily basis it is a pain trying to keep my phone up to date. Does anybody know an easy was to Sync these 2 devices?? I have tried Sony Erricsons Xtend Connect with out success Any ideas would be appricated............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, could you use MS Outlook as your core PIM and keep your devices in sync via that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

hi, could you use MS Outlook as your core PIM and keep your devices in sync via that?
    Good idea' but don't think so . Palm to outlook is limited . we use a number of Palms in the office , these all sync on our network, I sync mine to my desktop & a laptop as well. With Palm Desktop as our main customer base it's just not feasable.. Thanks all the same

as you appear to be tied to Palm Desktop unfortunately that's not going to help you get a sync with a non-Palm device - a PIM like Outlook / Notes have developers and the device manufactures providing sync apps/conduits for them and can allow everything to syncing more easily together

there is an app called SwitchSync from LivePIM which allows a sync to both PalmDesktop and Outlook so that may be an option i.e. after that Palm sync with PalmDesktop and Outlook, Smartphone sync Outlook

getting back to the Palm/Outlook sync, haven't really found Palm to MS Outlook (HotSync via Palm (MS) Outlook Conduits) all that limited. OutlookSwitcher.exe (Palm Conduit Switcher Application) on the T3 CD in the PostInstall folder, modifies the HotSync conduits to hook into Outlook rather than Palm Desktop, latest update was v1.01 on the Palm One site

for a more power user a product from Chapura like PocketMirror (XT, Pro) or KeySuite can offer extra functionality if required

alternatively ask them to get you a Treo 650 ;) it may offer you the PDA/Smartphone mix you are after...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Plenty to think about there, Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MiniMetro

Anyone know the best way of getting all the contacts info from a Palm to a Nokia 9300. Thanks.

• Advertisement

could sync your Palm to MS Outlook (via Outlook Conduit), then use the Nokia PC Suite to sync the Outlook data back to your Nokia?

Advertisement