Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor

Options
  • 10-04-2005 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

I think something should be done about the cost of wap, it costs 9cent per minute, which is fine, but they charge you an extra 2cent per 1kb for everything you download. In my opinion this is discraceful, that means they make 20euro for every 1MB that people download using their wap service :eek: . Any else agree something should be done?

ps i presume vodafone and O2 charge about the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Vodafone and O2 only charge per MB downloaded. I think Vodafone might be free if you access Live content only. O2 are also moving to i-mode later this year which will mean cheap browsing and subscription content.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Vodafone GPRS is free inside the Vodafone Live and Selected Partener Websites.

Vodafone are going to start cheaper mms services for text messaging something simular to what o2 are trialling atm

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

It's free to access the Vodafone Live area but once you download anything from there it costs 15c per Page to browse. Non Live content is 2c per KB up to 512KB's and .5c thereafter. It's a complete ripoff. I very rarely use it because of the stupid pricing. I'm sure more people would use it if it were priced better. It's another example of charge the few a lot instead of the correct way of doing it, charge the many less, thus increasing revenue and keeping the customer happy. As long as there's little competition though, there's not much chance of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You are combining Meteors CSD and PS data charges..

Its one of the other!! i.e. if you are making a CS data call to connect to wap you are charged per min. If you are making a PS data call, you are charged per KB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

so i could connect to wap and only be charged per minute, How?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

IT would depend on how you have the handset configured. Check Meteor.ie, you should be able to get the settings there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

IoffL>Mobiles/PDAs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

i used to have vodafone they where ripoff for wap, meteor are just 2c per kb which is not too bad.

Advertisement