Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RX-8 with 1.3L = 230bhp

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Kavs wrote:
    peterk19 bollox,, U callin me a liar biotch! I drove the fu*kin thing ,Cousin gave me a detailed low down on the car, he even bought a hard back brochure when he got the car and as my memory serves me Bhp was up at the 290 mark.
    why would I bullsh*t makes no difference to me.

Now unless my trip to Oz is a figment of my Imagination u best check ur facts again mate!
    i did check my facts i posted a link to the spec page on the mazda Australia website and im not calling you a liar im just telling you straight you got the specs Wrong check links again --->>>>http://www.mazda.com.au/rx8/specifications_pl.asp?ID=43<<<----
    Ands thats the facts from Mazda Austarlia you saying they are wrong.
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

Kavs , PeterK is right! ...no offence but u dont have a clue what u are talkin about.
    I DO believe that u drove a 300bhp rx8 and high spec but , what i dont believe is that is was factory fit!!....i guarantee you that guy ,modified it with aftermarket parts to increase power.
    The only specail edition RX8 availabile is a purple/aubergine one with improved suspension and cream leather interior, but bhp figures remain the same!!

The car itself , from ANY dealer isn ONLY availabile in 190bhp and 230bhp! FACT

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

well i stand by my post.

Kavs , stand by your post all u like but you are wrong. there are a few possibilites here:

1. youre not liying but u just dont know as much about cars as u think
    2.you were being lied to! ( i tell other people that my colt 1.3 has 100bhp and they have a vague knowledge of cars and they still believe me)
    3. you say "...and as my memory serves me right" - maybe its noit serving oyu right enough then.
    4. you dont know how to copy and paste a link that was given to you twice with the real facts from and AUSTRALIAN mazda dealer , ...hence you are somewhat thick and refuse to believe the truth

Take your pick ....cos we all know that one of them is right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

where on ur 'Link' does it indicate bhp?????

I read the fu*king $30 hard back brochure detailing every aspect of the car including ,yes u've guessed it the 290 bhp model ,NOT Available in Europe!
    Plus for an added bouns I actually sat into the afore mentioned model turned the key and drove it!! hold on was i dreaming no I could'nt have been It all seemed so real,,,,,losing grip on reality.............

First-off , its not my link (peterK19 posted it) but got dammit are you that f***g thick??? ,
    it says 141kw and 177kw ....with a bit of common sense you would know these are metric power figures and should be able to convert (1 by using ur phone or 2 by typing 'converter' into google)

141kw= 189BHP
    177kw= 237BHP FROM THE FECKIN OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN MAZDA WEBSITE!!!

stop being so goddamn stupid and admit youre wrong! THE guy was F***g LYING
    or it was modified! and so what if you drove it??...honestly if i gave you a 230bhp car and told you is was 300bhp and let u drive it would u believe me??

he seems really thick!!! i seriously doubt you could dyno a car driving it i gave you the facts from Mazda Australia how can you argue with them and all you have given me is i read a hardback book if it exists find it on the web its full of information about everything until you can find proof dont post rubbish.
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Kavs wrote:
    I read the fu*king $30 hard back brochure detailing every aspect of the car including ,yes u've guessed it the 290 bhp model ,NOT Available in Europe!

The lads provided links, either do the same or scan the brochure in (or get your cousin to do it, etc) or shut the hell up.

I subscribed to this thread because I live abroad and had planned on bringing one of these cars home when I eventually return and this thread was filling up with USEFUL information, now it's turning into an argument with one side unsubstantiated...

Provide the proof or be quiet/take it to PM's...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Kavs wrote:
    Sorry to stray off the point but...
    Exactly. Will everyone talking about the power of the car please take it to another thread. It's not like it really matters.

Now about taxation. What you need to do is lobby Ford to sell the car in Ireland. Then when they find out what the government is unfairly doing to tax the car, they'll lobby the government. Ford vs Ireland. No contest, really :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

It is annoying that the insurance companies get you no matter what,

But, wouldn't it be more transparent if they calculated the premiums on the horsepower rather than the engine capacity!? (or have i missed something really obvious)

Also, touching on the whole BHP europe v's australia thing, if you go to this site http://www.joshmadison.com/software/ you can download a freeware program called convert, which does exactly what it says on the tin (sorry :o )

Advertisement