Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MG - Purchase or Not?

Options
  • 10-04-2005 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

A friend of mine was telling me she has a deposit on an MG-ZR 105. In light of MG's current problems should she get try and get her deposit back or stick with it and hope for the best?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

no point going down with a sinking ship ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Its worth a try - but I don't think she will get it back - may as well take the MG now or else forfeit the deposit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would try and get the deposit back. If she fails with that I would still take the loss and walk away. I would rather loose the deposit than get hit with the huge depreciation when (not if) MG Rover goes out of business.

Think of it, down the road in about 3 or 4 years nobody will want the car and she may find it impossible to sell it unless she gives it away at a rediculous price. Also the car she is buying is a 10 year old design with more face lifts than Cher. :D

Cut here losses now and run.

By the way, as a rule of thumb I only give a deposit of €50 or €100 and then only if they ask for one, just in case circumstances change or I change my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Heard the head honcho of Rover Ireland on the radio more or less admit there would be no warranty cover for Rover cars

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 BarraCuda

How much was the deposit? If i was him/her i would try get the deposit back or forfit it and dont buy the MG tbh there horrible cars and by the time uve done 500 miles i garantee you will have a fault with them.. :( Depending on how much the deposit was i would try get it back/leave it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

the rover 75 cant be bad can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As long as you drive it into the ground, they will be impossible to trade once MG Rover is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

The buyer deserves to loose the deposit !

WHAT MADE THEM CHOOSE a poxy Rover in the first place ?

They were sh1t when new and they're no better now !

Must be mad to even consider one !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

MercMad wrote:
    The buyer .......... one !

Oi, Oi, tone it down a bit there son.

As for the OP, yes, try and get your deposit back, as others have said their value will go downhill like a rocket sled on rails.

Now, if they really like the car, those Rover dealers will be trying to shift them of the forecourts ASAP, as they will want to re-brand for another marque, so there could be bargains to be had.

Advertisement