Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I might bring a gun into college and...

• 10-04-2005 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Ha no I'm joking of course, I was wonderin if maybe anyone knew is there somewhere in UCD where me and my friends would be allowed to have our band practise? We have no-where else to go... :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Unfortunately this is an issue that has never been addressed in UCD, and is something that has been called for, for a long time by students. There is a rehearsal room under the arts block, but it belongs to the music department who aren't the biggest fans of contemporary music.
    Aside from that, the college is highly unlikely to allow the use of class rooms, or any of the other areas that might be of use due to the noise issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Or you could set up a "society" if you get my drift..and get the blue room etc in college-or stay you study music and need it for...educational purposes(talk to the ppl at the desk in the SU or ask ppl who are with societies, how they get the rooms)....

However if your band's music is akin to ie Pantera or cannibal corpse..they might cop on...but it might be worth a try...or do what the drama kids do-camp out in the LGs and let the whole world kno your business-best place would b under the stairs. :rolleyes: ..but that'd only be good if it was acoustic like...hmm i see your dilemna...

Have you thought about hiring out a room in your local community centre....?or youth centre...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

I'm with Alanna's suggestion of ur local youth centre, hole, or whatever. See, what i love about UCD is all the great things you hear before you get their, and then all your precious hopes and dreams crushed before your quivering eyes.... getting carried away arnt I.

In answer to your Query yes there are places to practice, but you, a student, god forbid, cant use em. Eg the Music deparment and possibly the state of the art studio that the AV Department has in the library. Top notch stuff for radio and tv and recording or broadcasting... and then you wonder why belfield FM broadcasts from a portacabin next to the student centre with second rate equipment. (i dont say second rate to be disengenuous to BFM they do a great job... you should listen... especially next year... between 5 and 6 pm... no more self promotion I promise...)

Advertisement