Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch gold

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

It's OK. I wouldn't normally pick it up with other economically priced beers available. Tuberg and Carling are two beers that come to mind that are of a very simular price, but probably better quality. Especially Tuberg, how such a fine larger is available at such a low price is beyond me, unfortunately it comes in a very unattractive green can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Dont mind drinkin dutch gold when i have to but it really does leave you with the worst hangovers ever! Erdinger is the way to go for great tasting beer with minimal hangovers
    Erdinger is quality, but so so expensive! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭open_book

Was a guinness man until I went to Australia. Loved the Carlton Draught, Tooheys, and the sharp VB was even nice compared to here. Hate the beers here so much, so much in fact I am brewing my own Tooheys New. Cant wait for my first crop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭open_book

wow 4 of us just posted at 23:37..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Dutch is grand, but Im mad for the bottles these days thanks to O'Briens.

I reckon though if they over-priced dutch and put it in a fancy can, loads of its people knocking it would be singing its praises. Its just beer. All goes down the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

anyone remember yellow pack beer from quinnswoth/tesco , only 60p a can! + free hangover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Dutch is grand, but Im mad for the bottles these days thanks to O'Briens.

I reckon though if they over-priced dutch and put it in a fancy can, loads of its people knocking it would be singing its praises. Its just beer. All goes down the same way.

That's only because loads of people are superficial idiots who think their lives depend on image. No matter how you dress it up, Dutch Gold is canned urine. It does NOT go down the same way as a beer that people put some effort into brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

gets ya pissed though, and for anyone who just wants to get pissed, your on a winner

(personnnally i have tasted one can of dutch gold and agree with the urine statement, but to each his own)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Sarky wrote:
    That's only because loads of people are superficial idiots who think their lives depend on image. No matter how you dress it up, Dutch Gold is canned urine. It does NOT go down the same way as a beer that people put some effort into brewing.
    Of course.

While it mightn't be as nice as some beers, to label it "canned urine", maybe beers just not for you. Or maybe you are one of those "superficial idiots".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Buckfast all teh way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Of course.

While it mightn't be as nice as some beers, to label it "canned urine", maybe beers just not for you. Or maybe you are one of those "superficial idiots".

Well, I do dislike ugly people, but that's beside the point. I am probably a beer snob. I make no apologies for this. I know what I like, and it doesn't happen to be the dregs that get exported because the country in question would be embarrassed to sell them at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Have to say, I'll drink most beers. In order of preference (ignoring price and beers that I've forgotten):

1. Any decent German Heffe Beer.
    2. Guinness
    3. Carlsberg
    4. Miller (Draft or Bottle, not cans)
    5. Tiger
    6. Cisk (Local Maltese beer, quite malty and sells for about a euro a pint)
    7. Tuborg
    8. Rolling Rock
    9. Dutch Gold
    10. Smithwicks
    11. Fosters
    12. Heineke
    13. Harp
    14. Budweiser

Tbh, I'd usually drink Tuborg as port of first call in a house party (for the price, it's an extremely good quality lager) and Guiness in pubs unless I'm feeling like splashing out on a night of Weisbier goodness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Dont mind drinkin dutch gold when i have to but it really does leave you with the worst hangovers ever!

i'm more worried about what it does to your arse...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

http://members.boards.ie/kevin_rc_ie/Image066.jpg

Kopparberg is good but it's not a cheap lager.

What spar is that??

I love the stuff, but can only get it in Porter House where tis like 5.50 and six quid!!

Where!!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

pear cider *drool*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    pear cider *drool*
    bastard.... I now want it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I drank it in my student days and now I still love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Dutch Gold is ok but Tuborg is the only way to go if its an economic beer your after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Only skangers drink dutch gold. It's filthy stuff - if I see someone drinking it I immediately think they are a skanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Love tuborg, hate dutch. It's terrible. I agree with sarky there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement