Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

skywalker wrote:
    The whole idea of that game is to scare you. I facilitated it and allowed it to scare me, I enjoyed it for what it was.

Agreed

Though I have to say that with the exception of the Gaurdian, the bosses were all a bit weak - and the ending really makes Halo2 look good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Borzoi wrote:
    Agreed

Though I have to say that with the exception of the Gaurdian, the bosses were all a bit weak - and the ending really makes Halo2 look good

The guardian was good alright, so was the cyberdemon imo. Both those bosses were impossible till you realised the trick to killing them. One thing I was slightly dissapointed with was there was nowhere specifically designed to allow you to pull out the BFG.
    See the thing was they werent bosses as such imo, they were just introducing a new enemy. What was a boss in one level was a normal enemy in the next.
    Another of the enemies
    (was originally a boss, but dunno whether youd actually describe it as a boss)
    I quite enjoyed was the 2 headed imp.
    where it was originally introduced was quite fun, when the cut scene focuses on one crawing out of a vent of something and your thinking it will be a piece of piss, suddenly theres 8 of them in the room with you. Although They should have used them more in the later darker levels I think. Very scary when you just see 4 red eyes peering out of the dark at you. :eek:

Also the spider bit could be a bit cunty,
    50 of the buggers coming at you, everytime your finished a fresh batch of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Yeah, probly should have used it on either
    the second last boss, the mutant spider thing, or maybe the mancubus.
    but sure you live and learn. Im probly gonna go back to clear this again at some point and will make a point of using the BFG to its full potential.

I tried out the co-op mode, linking 2 xboxs and thats really good fun, would highly reccommend it for an afternoon of fun and frolics.

Looking forward to getting my mits on the bonus disc from the special edition, wouldnt mind seeing the original game fressed up in its new suit. :D

Advertisement