Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Regions

Options
  • 10-04-2005 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I want to buy a couple of Region 1 DVD's when I go to Canada in June but I'm not sure if they will play on my dvd player. I've looked for hacks online but haven't found one for either of my dvd players one's a Black Diamond MD68HCS and i have a Bush DVD2038. I found hacks for two Black Diamond DVD players and the feedback said that they were region free in the first place so mine could be too.

Is there any way to cheak this without a Region 1 DVD?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Find someone with a disc from another region and try it out. Easiest way to find out, I don't think you'll be able to find out otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Cheers, thats what I tought myself but just wanted to double cheak

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Try this page to see if there are unlock codes for your DVD player:

http://www.buffy.com.au/media/misc/multiregioncodes.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice link, bruachain.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

my dvd player wasnt on that link :(
    ive been doing a little googling as im trying to make my player region free, all ive found so far is "renting" some kind of unlock kit. my player is a JVC TH-S3, can anyone help?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Aid the Blade

u can buy a brand new region free mitsi for round 50 quid.

Advertisement