Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you do after Hours?

• 10-04-2005 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I have a job now and im off at 4 every day but when i come home i find myself so bored!
    I seem to just surf the net for ages and watch TV. I might go the gym once a week aswell.
    Just want to find out what all you guys do besides come here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

drink.
    working life is ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Get yourself a girl gary,then you will want to go back to the good auld days of having time to yourself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

mad m wrote:
    Get yourself a girl gary,then you will want to go back to the good auld days of having time to yourself :D

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭Alkers

Find a sport you're into. It will give you something to do and more to spend your money on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I sit at home, listening to the tick of the clock, waiting until I get to go to work again.

Alternatively, I dabble with the games console, surf the net, meet friends for a game of cards/cuppa/RPG/pint, sleep...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Sarky wrote:
    I sit at home, listening to the tick of the clock, waiting until I get to go to work again.

Alternatively, I dabble with the games console, surf the net, meet friends for a game of cards/cuppa/RPG/pint, sleep...
    if you said meeting friends for an RPG in the north it could have a whole diff meaning.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Why, do they use a different type of payload?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

um, their payload is rocket propelled grenades.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I'm always either at lectures, studying for the exams, at training, or out with my friends. I don't have enough hours in the day :(
    Oh and I occasionally go home to eat and sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Wander home from work, cook some dinner, do whatever cleaning's necessary then veg in front of the TV with beers/spliffs and my laptop.

Digitalninja's right. Working for a living blows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

come home, play bass for a while, then play guitar for a while, then listen to music and wander the web like a monkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

come home - look around in the cupboards for food - not find any food - go up stairs - turn on PC - turn on tv - sit at desk - check msg's - sit on bed - watch tv - alternate between bed and desk - play guitar/bass - practise rudiments - eat when almost fainting with the hunger - cry - sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Banjo013

Come home; surf web; watch Mega Machines on Discovery; walk the dog; do my best to ignore the missus going on about the painting that needs doing; drink Guinness; go to bed and back to top after work next day.

Jesus when I write it down like that, what a slob I've become .... better get married and have some sprogs or something soon to keep me busy. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

fap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well I live in London, and work shifts so when I'm off none of my friends tend to be off. People think there's lots to do in London. Only if you can afford it. Even if you want to go to the city, you spend £5.00 to get the tube. I normally stay in the local area, head to the pub for a coke or a café for a coffee. Mostly I stay at home on the computer or watching tv.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I finish work .... spend 1.5 hours commuting home to Navan from Dublin .... put on dinner .... eat dinner .... clean back garden after dog .... walk dog .... read book & drink copious amounts of tea whilst watching tv & chatting with better half!!

Ah working life ... does it get any better :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

Finish work - play with the traffic for 40 mins on the way home - eye up the front door that's only half stripped and promise SWMBO I'll do it at the weekend - make dinner - eat dinner - PC/TV/Music combo - study (promised I'd stop doing this 11 years ago, but I got bored) - sleep. Tremendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Time is a great thing to have. I'll buy it off you?

improve yourself... is there anything that you have always wanted to do or be ? play a musical instrument? get fit? explore your creative side? find religion?

If you don't want your time... give it to someone else. Do stuff for other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

OP,
    Maybe try and find some kind of hobby that you can get into and get excited about? I really dont want to sound like I'm pimping my site or anything, but poker is actually a great thing to get into. It's an interesting hobby that can also be very rewarding financially. Plus, since you spend a good bit of time on the net, its a more productive way to spend time online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Come home, amazed by the little amount of food in the kitchen, sit infront of the tv, when there's nothing on, cook some food and watch tv till im tired.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

people go off the internet...ok....
    if i ever did i suppose i'd listen to music,play guitar,go to the pub,talk to friends,say shouldn' i be studying,read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I have a job now and im off at 4 every day but when i come home i find myself so bored!
    I seem to just surf the net for ages and watch TV. I might go the gym once a week aswell.
    Just want to find out what all you guys do besides come here?

What are you complaining about, you get home in time to see Judge Judith Scheindlin do her thing on the trash-e-ist trailer trash in america!

get your hands on "the sims", tis a sure fire way to eat up ridiculous amounts of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭smokingman

Spend hour and a half commuting back home, play cube 'til herself comes in, cook dinner/have it cooked for me/order takeout, watch half an hour of tv, play guitar with neighbour, creep into bed after getting inebriated and hope she doesn't notice......

The guitar bit doesn't happen every night tho...and I never browse the web at home unless there's something I have to do - I see enough of pcs at work...

Advertisement