Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Game in All the Universe!

Options
  • 10-04-2005 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

So, for you, which is it? What game do you hold the fondest memory of?

With me...I shall choose Shogun Total War, simply for the sheer obscene amount of hours I pumped into it...

Close runners up are Baldurs Gate 2, Freespace 2 and Half Life1.

EDIT: typo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Search the forum, been done many times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

What Tusky said.

But Tetris on the original GB still has a place in my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Course its been done before, boards.ie is ancient. Everything has been done before. Reminds me of that episode of Southpark. The simpsons did it!
    Peoples opinions change and more members join, ffs, leave well alone.
    You think you're the first person to say, "Search the forum, been done many times before."?

Wrt the thread, favourite game of all time is probably Final Fantasy, if I can include them all under the one bracket. If not, then Deus Ex or Quake 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The original Doom. For years no other game mattered.

Also my first multiplayer experience. Breathtaking stuff at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Im 18 now, i remmember playing Doom 1 when i was younger. I didnt want to go to my confirmation coz i was so addicted by the game. Also brings back memories of Redneck Rampage and Interstate '76. All great games! All time greatest game would also include final fantasy series, particularly FFIX!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

ICO, Pikmin, Beyond Good and Evil, Metroid prime, I can't pick just one so I want all 4. But to be honest if any game gets first place it's BG&E, yes it's short, and gameplay wise it's nothing more than a zelda clone, but it's got an excellently put together story with great characters, it's brilliantly paced and that piano music that plays as you go around in the hover craft is just lovely. Such a shame nobody bought it and it won't be getting the sequels that were originally planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I spose Counter Strike should also get a mention, seeing that has become so infamous!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Driv3r :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hyper sasquartch monkey hunter. But only people who have been to the ursula bigonus nebula star systems would have played it. I regularly visit during the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Lemmings tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

sci0x wrote:
    didnt want to go to my confirmation coz i was so addicted by the game [Doom].

I love that statement - what a conflict of interest - that was god and the devil themselves fighting over you..which did you choose in the end? you still semi-religionless?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I love that statement - what a conflict of interest - that was god and the devil themselves fighting over you..which did you choose in the end? you still semi-religionless?

he chose god obviously...Doom is christian expression of the human will to use a shotgun (and not keanu reeves) when the devil tries to take over the world...Confirmation is an excuse to get money, Doom is a true expression of religous purity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Zelda ALTTP, Goldeneye

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Metroid Prime. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Zelda OOT

Then Goldeneye

Then Sf2

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Crap I can never narrow it down to just one.List not in order of preference.

Zelda OOT
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo Edition
    Goldeneye
    Half Life
    Super Mario Kart
    Super Mario World
    Resident Evil

All classics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Freespace two. No other game comes close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Sundog
    HL
    Heroes of Might and magic 3
    Burnout 3
    WoW
    EQ1

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Freespace 2, without a doubt the single best game ever made (In my opinion).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Day of Defeat Mod with sturmbot
    Command and Conquer Red Alert
    Streets of Rage 1-3
    KKND Krossfire
    Half Life
    Medal of Honor on Psx
    Quake II
    Metal Gear Solid on Psx

All amazing games that I still play today.....my personal favourites ever. Of course I love newer games too, but I dont hold them in the same fond regard as these babies.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1. Panzer Dragoon Azel
    2. Suikoden 2
    3. Final Fantasy VII
    4. Super Metroid
    5. Final Fantasy X
    6. Final Fantasy VI
    7. Zelda ALTTP
    8. Zelda OOT
    9. Metal Gear Solid
    10. Super Mario World

I could go on but I think I should do some work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i guess the game that sits most fondly in my memory is Sonic 3 and knuckles...i worked out i spent almost a year of my life playing that beauty again and again and again...love it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

according to gamefaqs.com's vote its ff7, followed by chrono trigger, both excellent
    for me its gotta be super metroid, mario kart, mechwarrior 2 and every zelda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Rabies wrote:
    What Tusky said.

But Tetris on the original GB still has a place in my heart.

:) i agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

Deus Ex.

That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Hexen

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Dungeon Keeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Half Life the first, I first played it on difficult and it took me AGES! by that I mean a few months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Final Fantasy VII
    Suikoden 2
    Civilisation 3
    Syndicate
    GTA3 inc. sequels
    Star Wors: KOTOR
    Planescape: Torment
    Championship Manager 4

Think that about covers my list

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Syndicate

Good call! A true classic that I forgot about, loved it back in the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement