Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Game in All the Universe!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

I'd have to say Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and X-Com. I don't know why but I still remember my dad playing it and being so excited staying up late and watching him. It was top notch in the day. We still talk about it now and then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Now ive properly thought about it here is a list which ill never forget (no particular order):
    1. - Super Metroid
    2. - Secret Of Mana
    3. - Chrono Trigger
    4. - Final Fantasy VII
    5. - Skies Of Arcadia
    6. - Unreal Tournament(s)
    7. - Command & Conqour(s)
    8. - Metroid Prime(s)
    9. - Eternal Darkness
    10. - Half Life 1&2
    11. - Deus Ex 1&2
    12. - Civilisation 1,2&3
    13. - Soul Blade/Calibur
    14. - Mechwarrior series
    15. - Tales Of Symphonia
    16. - Zelda series (namely ALTTP & Windwaker)
    17. - Total War series
    18. - Total Annihilation
    19. - Freespace series
    20. - id games (Quake, Hexen, Wolfenstein, Doom, yes - Doom 3!)

looking at that list I now realise I play far too much games, oh well....
    I could name even more but I think 20 is enough for the minute :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Puzzle bobble on my phone simply the best game ever.

Last ninja remix on the c64,
    shinobi on the megadrive,
    mk2 megadrive,
    c&c orignal on ps1, the others just didnt have the same edge for me.
    wipeout 2097 on ps1
    interstate 76 on pc, not that i ever finished it but it was class with my force feedback stick.
    all the gta's since 3
    all the gran turisimos, but they take too much time to master
    outrun 2 on the xbox its just the best ever.

This list really could be massive if i really think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

deus ex
    final fantasy IV, VI, VII, IX

all legendary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Good forum!

There are lots of favourites out there.

Final Fantasy VII (DIE SEPHIROTH DIE!!!!!!)
    Championship Manager 01/02
    Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition

A good game is one that utterly consumes your life...(but we have to remember that's bad too) hehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

It has to be SuperMetroid for so many reasons, in fact I'd still be typing next year if I were to list them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

1. Arcanum - for its fascinating story and world
    2. KOTOR1 - made Star Wars world even nicer than the movies
    3. Counter Strike Source - OMG how many hours I wasted on that!
    4. Loom - from the oldies, great fun game
    5. Championship Manager 2004 - good not just for gamers but also for real life managers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Bioforge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Super Metroid - dripping with nintendo magic and moody atmosphere. sheer brilliance.

Metroid Prime - Retro done good :)

Resident Evil 4 - finally, the well overdue kick up the arse that the series has been crying out for. the second best game from this generation of consoles.

GTA III/Vice City (and most likely San Andreas when i get to play it) - awesomeness

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I have a soft spot for AVP2 and NOLF2. I think I might replay NOLF2, played AVP2 too many times already :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

koneko wrote:
    I have a soft spot for AVP2 and NOLF2. I think I might replay NOLF2, played AVP2 too many times already :eek:
    Ah NOLF2, what a fantastic game, my favourite pc fps, recently re played it myself. I was a bit disappointed by AVP2, was expecting much more of a challenged after the first one, for the most part it was too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Bubble Bobble back in the Day the first game with cheats in the arcade
    We were able to complete and get the 256 free credits in 12 minutes on 2 player.

I'm thinking of adding God of War too my list. I can't complain about it.

AAAAHHHHH THE BLOOD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Freespace two. No other game comes close.

my sentiments exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

It would seem that Freespace 2 and half life are both getting lots of votes. Whats this metroid nonesense about? I was only born in 1984, I think I missed that...

I can't believe I didn't mention Total Annihilation, best RTS ever.

And I can't believe KOTOR is getting so many votes...I thought it was awful, but I do have a deep abiding hatred for D&D so that probably influenced it...

Zillah wrote:
    Whats this metroid nonesense about? I was only born in 1984, I think I missed that...
    its a series of games that seems to recieve a groundbreaking sequel every decade.
    Super Metroid (Metroid 3) was just so un****ingbelievably good at the time... i would've given up on nintendo (and possibly even gaming) a long time ago if it wasn't for this game.
    Metroid Prime is a game worthy of you selling a kidney, so that you can afford a gamecube and this.

the rest (metroid, metroid 2, fusion, zero mission and prime 2) are pretty much filler imo. great games in their own right, but not up there with prime and super.

roll on 2013 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 (level 10 vampires need i say more)
    Syndicate & Syndicate Wars (Soo many hours indoctrinating people)
    Opposing forces mod for halflife (far better than hl1)
    Vice city (best sound track bar none)
    but the winner has to be

Doom 1 & 2 i once played the for 8 hours straight multiplayer that when i was walking home form my mates i was hallucinating that i was in the game and that i could hear a cyber demon aroung the next corner-now thats a good game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tman wrote:
    Super Metroid (Metroid 3) was just so un****ingbelievably good at the time... i would've given up on nintendo (and possibly even gaming) a long time ago if it wasn't for this game.

For it's time? I played it properly for the first time just before Prime. It's still an amazing game. Everything about it blew me away, design, gameplay, graphics and sound and all this from a 16-bit SNES game.

Edit: I think Freespace 2 is over rated. Its just a very pretty clone of the superior Tie Fighter. The lions will probably be released on me now.

*releases lions*

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote:

I can't believe I didn't mention Total Annihilation, best RTS ever.

QUOTE]

I'm still playing it now and then. The music is spectacular along with the graphics. Did they ever make a second TA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

I spent 2 days strait (NO JOKE!) playing the hardest game ever made but it was Gr8 Caesar 3 best Pc game ever created

but best GC game has to be Wario Ware Inc!

Glip :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Edit: I think Freespace 2 is over rated. Its just a very pretty clone of the superior Tie Fighter. The lions will probably be released on me now.

Get thee to a nunnery! Why wouldst thou be a breeder of sinners?

Retr0gamer wrote:
    For it's time? I played it properly for the first time just before Prime. It's still an amazing game. Everything about it blew me away, design, gameplay, graphics and sound and all this from a 16-bit SNES game.
    aye. but imagine the impact it would've had on you at the age of 11-12 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Civilisation 2 for me. Don't think any other game took up soo much of my time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

15-16 and having Darth Vader as your wingman. I mean Darth Vader is your wingman and he talks to you! Now that had more impact on me :)

I'm also not that old. When I played tie Fighter first it was on a rerelease :)

I'm still playing it now and then. The music is spectacular along with the graphics. Did they ever make a second TA?

It's the gameplay I played it for, completely wonderful. No, to my knowledge a new TA was never made. Pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Little Big Adventure (my favourite game)
    Syndicate
    C&C: Red Alert (have never really enjoyed a RTS game since)
    Civilization 2 (probably the longest i've spent on any single player game, including CM)
    Tie Fighter (best Star Wars game ever made)
    Rick Dangerous
    TFC (most exciting team-based FPS)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

God damn it. I hate people who can't follow a question. Your asked to put one game down and you put 20 down. Wtf?

For me it has to be zelda oot. I have never been so addicted to a game although ff7 ate up a lot of hours as well.

BloodBath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Was that Zelda for the Super Nintendo? My friend was completely addicted to that. Didn't like FF7 too much myself. I was after playing FF8 and FF9 bfore that so I thought it was extremely boring in comparison.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement