Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Moderates the moderators

Options

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Chicks dig archery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

We pretty much dig any activity where a man can cause injury to himself in an amusing fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Amz wrote:
    We pretty much dig any activity where a man can cause injury to himself in an amusing fashion.

Tee Hee Hee football in the groin......

So the OP poster feels that because someone has moderator status the are beholden to act in a more dignifed and mature manner across all boards?

He's a moderator of juggling for christ's sake! JUGGLING!!!! It's just throwing balls in the air! He stands on a street corner like a trained monkey, begging for coins.* And he has to behave in a more dignified and respectable manner, while posting on non juggling related forums?

If you object to the post. Respond to, or post it the respected forums mod.

*And yes I'm jealous because I have no hand eye co-ordination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭fibbo

Iam A mod, Looking at me ill ban you and if you i do or say something i dont like unless your another mod ill ban you . Tossers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

fibbo wrote:
    Iam A mod Looking at me ill ban you. if you i do or say something i dont like unless your another mod. Tossers

Banned from Games Catagory being incapible of using english.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

moderated.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

amp wrote:
    Hah, Classic ;)

That's real modding, that is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

What was that you were saying about trying to get chicks to dig you......
    trying to get people to like juggling dummy

Comparing a silly remark with the Berlin wall. That's clever. I would never have thought of that with my limited intelligence. You must have unlimited intelligence then.
    This (massively melodramatic) analogy also shows you totally missed my point. I will try to explain it tio you. Now you try to pull your head out of your ass and listen.

-This remark would offend a certain percentage of people who read it.
    -By drawing attention to the post, more people will read it and more people will be offended
    -If he had just asked the guy to remove it very few people would have seen it. (Indeed if he had done nothing at all very few people would have seen it).
    -Comparing posts on an internet forum to the berlin wall isn't really clever. It's very silly. I was being sarcastic, just so you aren't baffled by the apparent contradiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

fibbo wrote:
    Iam A mod, Looking at me ill ban you and if you i do or say something i dont like unless your another mod ill ban you . Tossers

What ?

I thought you said you had ADD ...not epililepsy and a strobe light.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

sillild wrote:

well, i'd like to make a few points here, because i can.

1) i would absolutely, positively ban Hugh Heffner for this sort of remark. its not funny, its not meant in a funny way, its just crass, obnoxious, rude and insulting.
    i'd also look at reporting it to the admins of the site.
    sillild wrote:
    I am a great fan of this site but when I see posts from so called moderators it really pisses me off.

2) well good, but as said before, a moderator is only a moderator on the forum they moderate. believe it or not, moderators generally do not get any dispensation on other boards. hell ive been banned from loads in my time, and rightly so. im only an ordinary user on the mahority of boards here, and as such, its my perogative to post whatever the hell i feel like. just becasue im a mod, does not mean that you, or anyone else has the right to tell me what i can and cant do, or what is right or not right 'for a moderator' to post.
    ok?
    sillild wrote:
    I am guessing moderators need to possess even the slightest degree of tact and maturity

yeah it would be nice, but this is not a perfect world, and people have good and bad days. it tends to even out in the end, so i wouldnt even waste time going down that line of argument.
    sillild wrote:
    If such a comment came from a regular user they would surely be reprimanded, the fact that it came from one of the trusted few moderators I believe he should be banned or at the very least moderator status be removed.

but to the comment. if you report it, it will be viewed. if it isnt and its on a board with plenty of traffic, and 16 new threads with pointless polls in them a day, you may have difficulty spoting one post out of about 3 thousand.
    the job of a moderator is not to inflict a police state dictatorship on a forum. the job of a moderator is to ensure the forum runs with the least amount of problems. that does not mean banning every user who swears, banning every user who has an 'unpopular' viewpoint, or who does not fit in with the regular social view on the acceptable.
    moderators are not here to make life miserable for users, as much as some of us would enjoy it...

no, moderators are here to make sure the traffic flows freely, to ensure that you can disucss whatever rubbish that you want to discuss,and that you can voice whatever rubbish it is you feel needs to be said.

such as here. you are entitled to think a user should be banned, and you are completely within your rights to report the post, and to bring it to peoples attention if you feel that you are not being heard. youa re also entitled to ignore anyone on this thread who disagrees with you.
    you are not entitled however to demand that the moderator loses their moderatorship. you are not entitled to demand that a user be banned (because i would have had you all banned a long time ago).

if you do not get an answer from an admin here, i suggest you PM one of them (most likely ecksor, he deals with these admin type things), but i think you will get an answer at some stage.

however, like i said, with regards what the Hugh Heffner posted, i'd ban him straight out from the forum for a considerable length of time. i have no time for that sort of thing. id also give him a stiff warning as to his modship, but beyond that, he is a capable mod (most of the time) and as such, this incident does not reflect on his ability to mod. like everyone else, he is onyl a user in AH.
    and thats my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

seamus wrote:
    It's in bad taste sure, but I don't think it warrants a ban.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53402 <<<< AH Charter

You cant post racist remarks (good)
    You cant start pointless polls (good) if you do you get a ban

But it seems you can proclaim your intent to rape children..... :mad:

Rape is no laughing matter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I think Hugh Hefner should get about the same level of respect on these boards as he did else where http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=238855&highlight=penny+arcade
    Maybe then he'll run off crying to another board moaning about the treatment he got here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nuttzz wrote:
    But it seems you can proclaim your intent to rape children..... :mad:

Rape is no laughing matter
    We all say something stupid once in a while. In it's context, it was a disastrously poor choice of words, which was obviously considered funny, briefly, somewhere in the depths of his brain. We've all done it, then looked back and gone "Oh sweet Jesus, why did I say that?"

Had it been on a thread where rape or assualt or any other serious matter was on discussion, he would have been gone immediately for complete and utter stupidity.

This time, I made a call, which I've no problem standing by. He's young and probably moving into that "Do everything for the shock value" stage. He's the guy at the party who says something that immediately makes the room go quiet and stops all the girls from ever going near him.

I would have done the exact same thing for anyone else if they posted it (in that specific thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

pwd wrote:
    trying to get people to like juggling dummy

Comparing a silly remark with the Berlin wall. That's clever. I would never have thought of that with my limited intelligence. You must have unlimited intelligence then.
    This (massively melodramatic) analogy also shows you totally missed my point. I will try to explain it tio you. Now you try to pull your head out of your ass and listen.

-This remark would offend a certain percentage of people who read it.
    -By drawing attention to the post, more people will read it and more people will be offended
    -If he had just asked the guy to remove it very few people would have seen it. (Indeed if he had done nothing at all very few people would have seen it).
    -Comparing posts on an internet forum to the berlin wall isn't really clever. It's very silly. I was being sarcastic, just so you aren't baffled by the
    apparent contradiction.

Sighs..... takes a deep breath....

Ok here we go, now look luv, I know this is going to be hard for you to grasp, what with trying to keep you balls in the air and all that* but you see, I didn't miss your point, I didn't miss it at all, infact I think that if I had gone to the bottom of the garden, plunged my hand in to the dark murky pond and pulled out a newt, brought the newt back into the house and showed it your post then the newt would have gotten your point, seeing as it was so blatantly obvious. What has infact happened is that you have entirely missed my point, something which doesn't astound me!
    For the benefit of the other readers/posters I wont explain it again because the rest of the class have moved on and you're just holding us back(I'm sure you hear this on a daily basis, 6th class is an important time you know) but if you are still unclear then please, just ask and I'll be only happy to spell it out for you

* nope, that joke never gets old

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

As an AH mod, I got the several notifications on this reported post too. I checked it out and saw that it was already closed ("dealt with") by seamus.

Personally, the difference in how I'd have dealt with it is that I may have edited out the offending remark, replacing it with "I am a muppet" or similar, but that's just me. I wouldn't have banned the user. I think seamus is correct in his analysis above.

your point was that he is EVIL and you are GOOD and these bad things like THE BERLIN WALL and 15 year old boys making silly remarks MUST BE PROTESTED ABOUT TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS!!!1!!!!one!!!!

My point was that a rational sane response is better than a reactionary melodramatic one. It doesn't have the same onanistic emotional payback as it, but it works way better.

STONE HIM! STONE HIM!

The only thing that I can't grasp is how anyone can have their head so solidly shoved up their own anus as you. I mean I keep tying to relate to you as if anything I say might make it through the compacted faeces.

You should sing songs about it in the mayday protest where all you can gather together with the rest of your wannbe-artistic buddies. That will make the protest even more successful in removing credibility from serious concerns.

I mean first the berlin wall and now this. Life really does suck.
    Thank god for the hoff is all i can say.

edit:
    You really offend me. Not by wahat you say but just by being *you*. If I didn't hate you I'd feel sorry for you. You can't experience anything when you are so caught up in trying to be something. Your own self-image insulates from life, and from anything raw and genuine. You aren't even alive you ****ing waste of oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

pwd wrote:
    The moderator moderators
    mm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Sighs..... takes a deep breath....

Ok here we go, now look luv, I know this is going to be hard for you to grasp, what with trying to keep you balls in the air and all that* but you see, I didn't miss your point, I didn't miss it at all, infact I think that if I had gone to the bottom of the garden, plunged my hand in to the dark murky pond and pulled out a newt, brought the newt back into the house and showed it your post then the newt would have gotten your point, seeing as it was so blatantly obvious........................

* nope, that joke never gets old
    You have newts in your garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

amp wrote:
    Banned from System Category for bad spilling and grammir.

Hobart wrote:
    You have newts in your garden?

Well, there is a pretty slimy pond... I just guessing about the newts....

• Advertisement

pwd wrote:
    You should sing songs about it in the mayday protest where all you can gather together with the rest of your wannbe-artistic buddies. That will make the protest even more successful in removing credibility from serious concerns.

Ok, ok, ok..... firstly I have to say, I really DON'T want to give the impression that I'm a grungy new age wa*ker that would bother my ar*e going to the fu*kin May day bull cr*p! I really thought that would be more up your street, hanging out with your juggling buddies, riding a unicycle or something equally as uninteresting. Seems like I have gotten the wrong impression about you so... funny that!

Secondly, I've grown tired of all this now, who gives a shi* what some tos*er said, in some boring post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

wwmansupertroll.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Secondly, I've grown tired of all this now, who gives a shi* what some tos*er said, in some boring post.

Isn't that exactly why you are on boards :rolleyes:

sjones wrote:
    Isn't that exactly why you are on boards :rolleyes:

I guess you're right sjones, we are all here coz we care about what some tos*er says in some boring post and sure...isn't it great all the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I guess you're right sjones, we are all here coz we care about what some tos*er says in some boring post and sure...isn't it great all the same :D

Exactly

I think it's about for action, maybe a survey on Modaraters or sometime like that.

I seen some mods treat some people kinda harsh, especially newbies who dont know the rules or proper way to do things.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭fibbo

Stalfos wrote:
    Exactly

I think it's about for action, maybe a survey on Modaraters or sometime like that.

I seen some mods treat some people kinda harsh, especially newbies who dont know the rules or proper way to do things.

I Agree completely

Not me. I'm here to combat jugglerism.
    Juggling is fun and it develops co-ordination, rhythm, concentration, reflexes among other things.
    Juggling does not make you a show-off, a hippy, or any other bizarre stereotypes that might exist and I'm unaware of.
    And jokes about playing with balls and tossing are silly and obvious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Gordon wrote:
    Banned from System Category for bad spilling and grammir.
    Rediculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Stalfos wrote:
    Great idea!

Perhaps we can hodl elections too so that people can vote in Moderators, and only those who are good are going to get in!

Oh wait, sounds suspiciously like a thread that's been heard a million times before.

TBH, a survey would be fun, but ultimately pointless. The Admins listen to the users, and then do what they want to do anyway.

Advertisement