Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb wireless in Trim

• 11-04-2005 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Anybody here on any of Digiwebs wireless offerings in Trim?
    Would appreciate some feedback re pings, speeds, packet shaping a la IBB??, etc..
    Thx.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Im on digiwebs home package in Waterford. I would strongly advise you to go with any other operator. Speed is pretty good, as long as you don't go over your cap or they will limit you to 64k for ages! Fair enough I suppose, but they provide NO WAY for their customers to check their cap, you get no warning, just a nasty little email saying your speed has been cut (im on 64k for weeks!)

Tech support is ok for any techie problems, but they have been unable to get my email working since I got it (october)

Pings average around 40ms.

I am just about to ring them to get the service terminated because I have been charged €39 twice a month since I got it.

If you cant get anyone else go with Digiweb, but if theirs an alternative go with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

Digiweb do not have coverage of Trim. It has been on their "Pre-launch" list for over a year. I wouldnt hold my breath.

TaraWAN provide wireless broadband in the area. See www.tarawan.net for more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

dkane wrote:
    Digiweb do not have coverage of Trim. It has been on their "Pre-launch" list for over a year. I wouldnt hold my breath.

TaraWAN provide wireless broadband in the area. See www.tarawan.net for more info.

Hope this is not shameless pimping :) Big slaps if it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

dkane wrote:

trim isnt listed on that site afaics

Advertisement