Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to heal?

Options
  • 11-04-2005 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Hey - how long would it take for a tattoo to heal?

Heading away on hols in 12 days - planning on getting another tattoo - was just wondering that if I get it done in the next few days would it be healed by the time I head away on hols???

My first 2 tattoos didnt go scabby at all but my girlfriends did, just wondering how long it would take to heal if it did go scabby.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I had one done last Friday week so it's 9 days now and it is mostly healed, there is still one scab on a piece where he cut particularly deeply but apart from that it is ok. Chances are if you get powerlines done around it that they will heal slowly as they are large open cuts but shading doesn't tend to scab up I find, so it really depends on what you get done. 12 days should be fine either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I had one done last Friday week so it's 9 days now and it is mostly healed, there is still one scab on a piece where he cut particularly deeply but apart from that it is ok. Chances are if you get powerlines done around it that they will heal slowly as they are large open cuts but shading doesn't tend to scab up I find, so it really depends on what you get done. 12 days should be fine either way.

Nice one - I should be ok so - thanks for that Blub2k4...

It's generally recommended to give yourself 2 weeks. Just in case there's complications ie infection. You might want to check about water on it (swimming) and you should keep it out of the sun too.

Papa Smut wrote:
    you should keep it out of the sun too.

even after 2 weeks??

Well, you should always try to keep your tat's out of the sun. They fade faster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

even after 2 weeks??

Use full sun block on the tattoo.
    2 weeks isnt a long amount of time at all.

I am MAN wrote:
    2 weeks isnt a long amount of time at all.

My last 2 tattoos didnt go scabby at all so fingers crossed that this one wont either!!

Advertisement