Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I Started Tattooing People From My Shed, Who Would Stop Me?

Options
  • 11-04-2005 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

Just a question on the whole total lack of regulation for tattooing and piercing in this country. From what I've heard, anybody doing this work in Ireland is totally self-regulated, as no laws have been put in place worth talking about, last time I looked this was the case. Respectable places use British standards for their work, but if they don't meet those standards, nobody closes them down.

Is this the governemnt thinking that people who get pierced or tatooed are a lower class of citizen whose health isn't worth protecting? What's been done to bring in regulation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Not many countries have regulation.
    All we have here are (optional) health and safety certs - pretty much the same thing a sandwich bar would have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

well in the Uk there are no laws for piercing as for tattooing u need to be allowed by the local council but apart from that any1 can do ethier

Advertisement