Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle Challenge

Options
  • 11-04-2005 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Here,,,,

Has anyone heard about the Lough Corrib Cycle in Galway...

Apparently it's some time in May and you can choose the 25 or 75mile route...

Sounds like a cool idea and the charity (CROI) that the money goes to is for cardiology. I think they're trying to get those Defibrillators (for heart attacks) into public places.

If anyone hears any more about it can you let me know and post the details, in case others are interested.

Alright then.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ooleary

This cycle is happening next weekend - May 22nd. The first time I just registered on the day. Gather whatever sponsorship you can and turn up with it.
    Details are at http://www.croi.ie/events.shtml

I've done this cycle twice before and am doing it again this week. It's good craic, you get breakfast beforehand, a t-shirt, lunch in maam cross, and refreshments every 10 miles or so. There's a great atmosphere on the day, and it doesn't matter what level you're at as there's a bus back from maam if you're not up to the 75 miles. One of the local bicycle shops (can't remember which one!) has a mechanic in a support van with a few bits, so if you get a flat tyre or worse, you won't be stranded for long.

Advertisement