Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Matches for other Compo's

• 11-04-2005 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Arsene Wenger has called for the FA Cup semi-finals to be played on a separate date to Premiership fixtures.

The Arsenal boss is upset that Premiership leaders Chelsea's clash with Manchester United has been moved from this weekend until towards the end of the season.

The Red Devils face Newcastle United in the FA Cup on Sunday and that provides Chelsea with a free weekend after their UEFA Champions League tie with Bayern Munich.

It is a bone of contention for Wenger, who feels facing United after the game with Bayern could have put a dent in Chelsea's title charge.

With Arsenal desperately trying to close an 11-point gap on The Blues, Wenger believes Chelsea have been given a helping hand by the fixture list.

"We want to finish as close as possible to Chelsea but I think, once again, the fact they have played in the Champions League and they should have played at Man Utd next week, that could have had a real impact on the championship," said Wenger.

"And that's why, for a long, long time, I ask for one thing - that once the championship fixtures are made that they are not changed because of the FA Cup because, in this particular event, it can have a huge impact on the championship.

"For every one year it goes for you, one year it does not. It is lucky or not lucky, you know.

"But I feel for the regularity of The Premiership that [fixtures] should remain because now Chelsea should go to Man Utd at a stage of the season where they would still need the points but now they could play Man Utd when they are already champions and that is not regular.

"Good luck to Chelsea. It is not their fault.

"But I feel that over the years now, we are always in the FA Cup but it is not right that the Premiership fixtures are moved."

Yay, hope he gets his way! Bugs the hell out of me too, if we could have played CHelsea while on form we might have had the chance to screw em ove rlike we did to Arsenal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

PHB wrote:
    Yay, hope he gets his way! Bugs the hell out of me too, if we could have played CHelsea while on form we might have had the chance to screw em ove rlike we did to Arsenal

I can see wengers point but, as he says , one year it might go for you, the next it might not. As for Man Utd v Chelsea - this game was originally scheduled for next Saturday - I don't think that Man Utd's current form is exactly sending fear through Stamford Bridge. This break does of course suit CFC, as we have a rest after tomorrows CL game but as far as the Man Utd goes, it will only affect them if they get to the FA cup final (the 14 point gap in the league takes away the importance of the match that the original fixture list suggested). To suggest that Man Utd have been denied a chance to play CFC while on form is nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

No sorry I havn't made myself clear.

I meant that United, irresepective of form, have lost the chance to play Chelsea, where it is possible it could **** them up like they did United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

PHB wrote:
    No sorry I havn't made myself clear.

I meant that United, irresepective of form, have lost the chance to play Chelsea, where it is possible it could **** them up like they did United

Fair enough - but I don't think that there is any way around it.

Advertisement