Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New bike

Options
  • 11-04-2005 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Picked up a shiny 00 SV650S on saturday, and a mate got himself a steal on a CB400 superfour down in cork from JT motorcycles.

Some pics,
    http://www.echomadman.com/gallery/Bikes

we had fun horseing around on saturday evening, both of us just moved up from 250's (my old bandit is still knocking around, he had his FZR250R nicked) and the difference is amazing, roll on the summer and hopefully some fine weather.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

There must be something in the air: dry roads, a bit of heat. I didn't particularly enjoy the last few months on the bike. Mostly the winds irritated me. Makes filtering more of a challenge ;) I'm on the hunt for a nice big bike now that restriction is gone. Looking to do a European tour this summer. More bikes becoming available now. Now should it be silver or blue? Oh decisions, decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

a_ominous,

Can't resist this. I've got a lovely B6, unrestricted for sale. 01 - 17k Km. Mint condition. Took her to France and Spain last summer. Wow the speed on the Continental roads!

Red, Scottoiler, Scorpion Can, Original Can, New Tyres, Chain and Sprockets, Givi Screen and Luggage Rack (for last summer).

If you're any way interested, send me a mail.

Shar.

Going for > 1000cc and something with a bit of weather protection. So gotta say no to the Bandit.
    Rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

a_ominous wrote:
    Going for > 1000cc and something with a bit of weather protection. So gotta say no to the Bandit.
    Rgds
    Greater than 1,000cc you say? Nice bike you say? Silver?! Sports-tourer? Bargain?

LOL! the Pirhanas move in for the kill... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

bastids!! I want a new bike - it's not fair!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

bastids!! I want a new bike - it's not fair!!!

Now that you mention it, I've got a bandit 250 ...

nah, i'll be keeing the bandit for a while as a "practise taking motorbikes apart" bike.

So anyone else selling their motorbike and want to take this derailed thread to strange new places?

echomadman wrote:
    So anyone else selling their motorbike and want to take this derailed thread to strange new places?
    You're absolutely right. Let's get this thread back on topic..
    ummm... Nice SV650S?!
    Get them ear-plugs yet?!

It looks very nice indeed. Sparkling. It looks very good for a 5yo bike. Can you get belly pans for them too? I think that would really set it off. I know it's a naked bike, but IMHO it looks just a teensy weensy bit unfinished underneath.

<grabs coat and runs>

Looking at the bike again, I think it's the single pipe that's doing that. The Super Four has the the 4 into 1 exhaust system which bulks up the under belly. Maybe it's because the Super Four is beside it. Wouldn't happen on the open road...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Ah you big smelly b*stard!!!!!! I want it! Congrats :). It looks sweet. How much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking? Im on a cbr250 at the moment but im on the hunt for a sv650s

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

echomadman wrote:
    Now that you mention it, I've got a bandit 250 ...

nah, i'll be keeing the bandit for a while as a "practise taking motorbikes apart" bike.

I have a 03 VanVan with just under 3k miles on the clock - how much would I get in a trade in do you thinks guys - I want a Dragstar :cool: Or would I be better trying to sell it in Buy and Sell??

• Advertisement

a_ominous wrote:
    I know it's a naked bike, but IMHO it looks just a teensy weensy bit unfinished underneath. Looking at the bike again, I think it's the single pipe that's doing that.
    Here's a piccie of my old SV650s with the lower fairing.. Something like this would probably fix the 'unfinished underneath' look.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Yeah, bellypans or full lowers make them look far better, i've the same opinion of the single pipe making it look a bit weedy even though it has 250ccs on the superfour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just got a new bike a couple of weeks ago myself. It's a Kawasaki W650, I'm going to hit the 500 mile breakin today, can't wait.

Advertisement