Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with post office losing item - i have no idea where to post this

Options
  • 11-04-2005 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

hi there, being new, i dont really know in which forum to post this, so ill put it here and hopefully a mod can move it to the appropriate forum.

i wonder if anyone has the same problems:

i have a lifelong grudge against the post office for their inefficiency and laziness..

seriously, because of them, i have now lost over €700 worth of things.

most recently, i bought a laptop off ebay, sweet little machine sony vaio and the seller registered the item and sent it.

i havent received it. tracking shows it has been delivered!

i called post office and here is what they said:

1 - they have no record of it, its royal mail's fault, things get lost.
    2 - after i tell them the tracking says its delivered, the customer service from an post checks and calls me back after an hour:
    - it says delivered so IT has been delivered to you. i tell them No, i was here the day it says delivered and i dont have it! u want to check my pockets?

- so she says she will contact the sorting office and get back to me.

im still waiting 3 hours on. i called the post office again and another guy says the one who answered me is not at her desk and will contact me when she gets back.

now, i have no idea what to do... anyone can tell me?

i lost a laptop already before, my friend sent it to me, but lost her receipt and since it never came, well i cant do anything about it anymore.

do i have to go to gardai station?
    do i have to contact a lawyer? - what kind?

please let me know what has to be done,

i paid 400 euros for this.... and im a student, i cant afford to lose that much money.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭munzab

update:
    they found the laptop in the sorting office, apparently the guy scanned it in as delivered, but never got round to it..

still doesnt make me that happy about the post office though, with the amount of stuff ive lost.

Cheers

Advertisement