Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving LEssons

Options
  • 11-04-2005 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Where is the best place to get lessons and how many would I need? I've never tried to drive before and I'm a bit lost as to how many to get and where the cheapest place is. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭anna20

make sure you get lessons with a registered instructor. this doesnt mean that every driving school will have registered instructors. for instance as far as i know ISM instructors arent, but its been three years since i got lessons so i could b wrong. the instructor will advise u on how many lessons you need. another tip, only my opinion though-dont drive any other car while u are learning to drive, my parents point blank refused to insure me until i passed my test so the only car i ever drove was my instructors. i passed first time and i think this is because i didnt get the chance to pick up bad habits by driving on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Have you tried the Motors forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

try the Airport School of motoring and ask for Noel. I passed first time after about 10 hours of tuition with him and I recommended him to a friend who also passed first time with him.!! (This is only relevant if your in his area in Dublin) :) After one drive with Noel he'l explain howm any lessons he thinks you would need and he leaves it up to you decide if thats warranted or not and then you book them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Assuming northside Dublin, I'd say mini-driver, Darren specifically. That said the poor sod is up to his short and curlies (he's doing 60 odd lessons next week alone) so there's no gaurentee you'll get him, but he's excellent and minis are a deadly drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

dont pay up front for anything like 10 lessons cause you might find after your 3rd one you dont need anymore, its a very person specific thing the ammount of lessons youll require.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭*Sassy*

Assuming northside Dublin, I'd say mini-driver, Darren specifically. That said the poor sod is up to his short and curlies (he's doing 60 odd lessons next week alone) so there's no gaurentee you'll get him, but he's excellent and minis are a deadly drive.

No way, what a co-inkydink. Was asking about mini-driver in the Motors section the other week but no one answered. I had my first lesson with him on Saturday. Have been through a few instructors and found him good. The minis are class! I'm just brushing up really, he reckons I'll be ready for the test after the 5 lessons.

Did you pass first time?

As for Airport, they are excellent (I had Stephan or something, German guy). But I was really pi$$ed off with them as I was delighted with him and booked in with him for the following week. However, another instructor turned up, no explanation. I asked where my instructor was and he just kinda fobbed me off. Mailed them to complain and no one responded. Good instructors, very bad customer service.

Advertisement