Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing Connection / Sharing Download Allowance

• 11-04-2005 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭

Hi

Heres a question. Myself and my flatmate are getting BB in this week or next week and we are going halfs on the connection costs. Say we have 16 gig a month download allowance. I know there is a stats page on the account but does anyone know of a way to tell which user/machine has downloaded what data, or basically count the size so that we can try stick to 8gig each.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

what you could do is install one of this download meters on each PC, the PC itself will do a count of the download and set the PC to cut of after 8 gigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

sounds good - got any links where I could download one?

Thanks, if not i'll google search it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I see arguments because of this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Just try and collaborate on what you download. Theres nothing worse than finding out that your mate has downloaded the same 6gig "Linux ISO" as yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

try download.com must be sometyhing there, i have never seen one of these programs but im sure there very easy to get your hands on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

dumeter or bwmeter would be your best bets.

I find download.com has a lot of spyware ridden programs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Netmeter is a great little program for tracking the amount you've downloaded. Its available here :

Advertisement