Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LFC CL - Gerrard out for Juve match

• 11-04-2005 1:32pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N148441050411-1308.htm

Won't even be travelling to Turin.

I personally don't think this will have much of an impact on the final outcome. In fact it may even give us a better chance. There is obvious hysteria on the LFC message boards about it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Well with Richie Partridge back from injury I don't think it's too big a blow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Obviously it's not good news , gerrard can sometimes score big goals to change games .. He might have to give Zabi a run now ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Koptalk reckons it's a bluff - reasoning that their press man made the annoucement - which he never normally does for injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

well its on BBC aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

quarryman wrote:
    well its on BBC aswell.
    Yes, once the liverpool press person says it I think it would probably get picked up by other news agencies :rolleyes:

Could be a bluff but it's a bit Mourinioish - would be nice to see Gerrard and Alonso on the same pitch again though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Koptalk is often referred to as "Kraptalk" for a reason!

Liverpool aren't normally a club you would associate with stooping to those kind of tactics, and nothing Benitez has done since he arrived at Anfield would suggest he'd sanction that kind of thing either. He seems very no nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'd say its definitely true. Disappointing from a neutrals point of view, he's an incredible player to watch when he's on form.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Big big loss, decreases the chances of a liverpool goal in turin with the loss of his creativity and drive, time will tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

this is great news :D:D:D

nah im a bit disappointed that hes out cause then if juve beat Liverpool a lot of the Pool fans will be saying the only reason we won was because Gerrard was out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

TBH It very much depends on which Gerrard would have turned out. He can be a match winner and then again he can go missing. If its an on form Gerrard I think he'll be missed badly, pity Alonso is only back from Injury, It a big ask to expect Partridge fill Gerrads boots in such a hugh Match. I will be surprised if Liverpool progress but upsets happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,285 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

why does anyone think partridge will play :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am wondering the same thing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I kinda shrugged when I heard this confirmed, I mean 'Pool have done it without him before and anyway no-one expects us to win!

I'd say the midfield will be Riise-Biscuit-Alonso-Nunez with Garcia playing in the hole behind Baros.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Can't see Alonso being risked THB, not mach git enough for a key midfield role. The Gerrard out might be a blessing in disguise as 2 strikers(or at least attacking players) will have to be played now.

Whats the deal with Baros - was he rested, injured or dropped on Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

He was serving the second of a 3 game suspension.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Suspended after the Everton match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Baros is still banned from Premiership football coz of the red card against Everton. That's why he wasn't playing. I think he only has one more match ban left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I suppose welsh will play the first 45 and if things aren't going to play then alonso could come on. Can't see him starting, tho in the reserve game he played in he made a big impact when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Can't see him starting, tho in the reserve game he played in he made a big impact when he came on.
    Depsite what LFC.TV said, I doubt that! Otherwise he surely would have seen some action v Man City (I dont buy the "better off training" excuse).

A big risk to play a guy who has been out for over 3 months - you couldnt possibly expect him to be anywhere near the top of his game. On the flip side, it'd be an equally big risk to play a young lad like Welsh in such a big game - and they are the only two options to play alongside the mighty Biscuit!

I've always thought that Riise would make a great central midfielder in the Scholes / Lampard mode, though again trying that for the first time away to Juventus in the European Cup quarter final, might not be the best option :o

Very hard to see Liverpool scoring any goals. Like the first leg, our best chances will probably be set-pieces or screamers. And impossible to see Liverpool not conceding. On paper it looks like a handy win for Juve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

I was at the City v 'pool game on Saturday, Gerrard didn't appear to be in any discomfort when the whistle went, indeed he was in fine form as he appeared to have a go at Traore when they were entering the tunnel. He had a very anonymous game, as indeed did most of his team-mates. I'm impartial too, I'm not a supporter of either team.

/Off topic - went to the Everton game too, an altogether better game. The young Vaughan guy was quite impressive, seems very strong - interesting to see how he develops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gerrard, I get the impression, will play through injuries if he can.

Advertisement