Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

advice for a noob needed

• 11-04-2005 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

hi all,

i have NO experience in digital video editing, but my mate has a digital camcorder that i can borrow whenever i want. i'd like to start messing about with editing to practice for something i have planned during the summer.

i'm fairly pc savvy - have a decent pc and know photoshop/macromedia studio mx/solidworks well enough. what software would you recommend i play about with?

any help appreciated...
    dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Premiere is good for people starting out.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

what's the latest version of premiere?

No idea, I only deal with Pro and Semi-Pro Systems.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭2tel1

Audobe audition is pro. You can also use windows movie maker if you havent got the money, its simple but crap. Still it will do the job.

Yes, buy Adobe Audition is an audio editing. And he clearly said Digital Video Editing. It really depends on the money you are willing to spend,

Pinnacle Pro Edition (Recently bought by Avid) is fairly cheap and a great DV package.
    Avid DV Express is around €700 it's not as user friendly, but if you're thinking of a career in editing, Avid is currently the industry standard.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭2tel1

Lump wrote:
    Yes, buy Adobe Audition is an audio editing.

John

It allows you to load a video track, so you can tweak the audio and clearly see how it plays with the video. Im sure you know though..

Yes, but it's primarily an audio editor. You can load video into pretty m uch any Audio Tool, Pro-tools for example.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

You can get premier elements 3 for about €130. If you like heart ache and have XP then you can download microsoft movie maker 2 - which when dealing with projects of 4 minutes and longer has a tendancy to crash almost every session. On a plus for mm2 - it's free (as long as you've got xp), is quiet easy to use, and has some nice effects - but is extremely limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

thanx for the help everyone,
    i WILL be back whining when i get stuck and looking for more help ;)

Advertisement