Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

global gathering in millstreet?

• 11-04-2005 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

can any1 confirm or deny this.ive seen a print out with tiesto,van burren,marco v,guy ornadel,cox,umek,lashes,amber d,anne savage...an a whole heap of other good names on it.
    supposidly 31th of july.
    any info bout tickets,trueness ect of this would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Tiesto playing Millstreet? Odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Aid the Blade

why not hes about 6 months away from being mainstream anyways.pity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

all that cheese will draw a crappy crowd

should of been real techn0 only!! wont be around anyways so i dont care :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭2tel1

Full line-up apparently *GROAAAANN*

GODSKITCHEN ARENA:
    tiesto
    armin van buuren/
    guy ornadel
    marco v
    fergie
    signum
    robbie butler
    al gibbs

POLYSEXUAL ARENA)
    yoji biomanhanika
    lisa lashes
    anne savage
    rob tissera
    adam sheridan
    paul maddox
    amber d
    mark kavenagh
    jay pigeon

TECHNO INDUSTRIAL ARENA
    carl cox
    dave clarke
    umek
    justin robertson
    laurent garnier

:( What muck. Just look at the Godskitchen area. Garnier, Umek and Clarke are the only ones worth a look. Robertson is ok. God knows what cox will play.

So-so-so bad. Just think of the crowd that will be at it

Once again, the filth...

GODSKITCHEN ARENA:
    tiesto
    armin van buuren/
    guy ornadel
    marco v
    fergie
    signum
    robbie butler
    al gibbs

POLYSEXUAL ARENA)
    yoji biomanhanika
    lisa lashes
    anne savage
    rob tissera
    adam sheridan
    paul maddox
    amber d
    mark kavenagh
    jay pigeon

*Vomit*

Ahem. What crap, why does Ireland get rubbish dance festivals.

To all the above DJs in the Godskitchen and Polysexual arena, thank you, thank you for playing a part in ruining electronic music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

What a terrible line-up. Why can't we get something like Sonar 2005?

Sonar 2005 Lineup (sorry about the caps)
    2 MANY DJ'S (PIAS/BE)
    2020 SOUNDSYSTEM (2020 VISION/GB)
    BATTLES (US)
    CUT CHEMIST (WARNER/US)
    DE LA SOUL (SANCTUARY REC/US)
    DJ RUPTURE (AUDITORI)
    DJ YODA (ANTIDOTE/GB)
    DJ99 / GUTTORM ANDREASEN plays WASABI (NO)
    DOSEONE (AUDITORI)
    DUPLEX aka EDAN & INSIGHT (LEWIS RECORDINGS/US)
    ELLEN ALLIEN (B-PITCH CONTROL/DE)
    FERGIE (GB)
    GOODIEPAL (SKI-PP/DK)
    HOT CHIP (MOSHI MOSHI REC/GB)
    JAMES MURPHY (DFA/US)
    JAMIE LIDELL (WARP/GB)
    JEFF MILLS (AXIS/US)
    JOE ENGLISH plays NOISE FACTORY RECORDS (CA)
    JORIS VOORN (SINO/NL)
    LAURENT GARNIER (FCOMM/FR)
    LCD SOUNDSYSTEM (DFA/US)
    LE TIGRE (UNIVERSAL/US)
    M.I.A. (XL/GB)
    MARK ONE + VIRUS SYNDICATE (PLANET MU/GB)
    MISS KITTIN (NOBODY'S BIZZNESS/FR)
    MOCKY (FOUR MUSIC/CA)
    MOUSE ON MARS (SONIG/DE)
    MU (OUTPUT RECORDS/JP)
    NOAH23 (2nd REC/CA)
    PARAL-LEL plays BEE RECORDS (FR)
    PELLARIN & MYLLEAGER play STATLER & WALDORF (DK)
    PETER GEBERT plays LUX NIGRA (DE)
    RADIAN (THRILL JOCKEY/AU)
    RICHIE HAWTIN (AUDITORI)
    ROISIN MURPHY (ECHO/GB)
    SIMON RUSSELL plays ROUGH TRADE SHOPS (GB)
    SÓLO LOS SOLO (DEL PALO/ES)
    SOULWAX (PIAS/BE)
    SOUND-INK (US)
    SUBTLE (LEX/US)
    THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE (NO)
    THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS (VIRGIN/GB)
    THE DURUTTI COLUMN (KOOKY DISCS/GB)
    THE SOFT PINK TRUTH (ACCIDENTAL/US)
    TOWATOM: ATOM TM vs TOWA TEI (JP/DE)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

depends on what ur in2... personally my fave djs in the line up about would have 2 be marco v and yoji biomanhanika. saying that i wouldnt be mad bout the rest of them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭2tel1

Well I'm not going to start slaggin you for liking hard trance, even though I hate it. As long as you know your stuff and take it seriously.

Still sonar, man you can only dream of a line up like that in Ireland. Most scobes would be like "Wha" if they heard that line up. DJ yoda is pretty interesting to listen too.
    There is a few I would add to that line up to make it a bit more interesting, ie DJ Rush, Surgeon, Sven Wittekind, Benn Simms, Chris Finke, Agoria, DJ Murphy, Aphex Twin, Future Sound of London. Let me organise an event and I'll show you...maby some day, though

Kick Fergie off the line-up aswell. I mean I'd let him go but I just wouldn't let him near the decks :p

no point arguing about the what ifs, im just happy dat theres somethin other than f*in witness to go to,im sick of hearin about it after the summers over."ya groove armada and the chems were so, you know brilliant!!!" fuk off!and by the way clarke has gone to sh1t over the last 2 years,not all that impresed da last couple of times i seen him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

thats a mdae up line up, certainly not confirmed anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

As an old skooler i cant get my head around this hard house nonsense :confused: i will not be frequenting this Rave anyway,the only DJ`s id like to see at that would be
    carl cox
    dave clarke
    justin robertson
    laurent garnier

The rest i wouldnt be arsed about but im sure the kids will love it..if ya want a real festival (not in Ireland unfortunately check this out ;) )

http://www.tribalgathering.co.uk/intro.html

Tribal Gathering are proud to announce five more confirmations to the ever growing festival which include...

GREG WILSON, JULIET LIVE (AVALON), LONDON ELECTRICITY LIVE, LTJ BUKEM + MC CONRAD & STANTON WARRIORS.

Audio Bullys have now agreed to perform live

The line up so far is

AUDIO BULLYS LIVE
    BUCKY
    BUGZ IN THE ATTIC
    CHICKEN LIPS
    DANNY RAMPLING
    DJ YODA
    EL PRESIDENTE LIVE
    FRANCOIS K LIVE
    FRANKIE KNUCKLES
    GREG WILSON
    GROOVE ARMADA LIVE
    IAIN TAYLOR
    INFADELS LIVE
    INFUSION LIVE
    JULIET LIVE
    JOEY NEGRO
    KRAFTY KUTS
    KRYSKO
    LAYO AND BUSHWACKA
    LONDON ELECTRICITY LIVE
    LOVEBOX ALLSTARS (ADRIAN FILLARY & TOM FINDLAY)
    LTJ BUKEM & MC CONRAD
    MIKE PICKERING
    NORMAN JAY
    PLUMP DJS
    SLAM
    SLAMMIN BOYS
    STANTON WARRIORS
    THE RACKPACK
    UNABOMBERS
    VICTOR CALDERONE
    X-PRESS 2
    ZERO 7
    20:20 SOUNDSYSTEM

Due to the nature of this historic event we do need it to sell out in record time. However please note the quicker you purchase tickets the quicker we can allocate monies to save lives. Lets show that acid house culture is positive and can make the world a better place. Be one of the 20,000 to make the difference.

Tickets Price £39* + booking fee

*For the first 5000 tickets, then £45 thereafter.

On purchase of ticket it will display a telephone number to ring two weeks prior to the event to disclose location of the enchanted woodland in Leeds.

CREDIT CARD BOOKING

PICCADILLY BOX OFFICE - 0161 832 1111
    TICKETMASTER (24HRS) - 0870 902 0001

ONLINE TICKET OUTLETS

http://www.ticketline.co.uk/event_details.asp?CPFlag=0&EventId=33029

EVENT EXPRESS TRAVEL

INFO: 07976 163 528
    CREDIT CARD BOOKINGS: 07976 439 289
    EMAIL: event-express@yahoo.com
    WEB: http://www.event-express.co.uk

TICKETS AVAILABLE AT

HMV & VIRGIN STORES NATIONWIDE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

So what da **** like, da lad posts up a question and everyone starts talking as if its def gona be on and crying bout **** djs. Is GK global gathering gona be on in millstreet or what?

monksavage wrote:
    So what da **** like, da lad posts up a question and everyone starts talking as if its def gona be on and crying bout **** djs. Is GK global gathering gona be on in millstreet or what?

Whats with all this text speak?Plain English please......... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tribal Gathering sounds deadly.
    i like the way they've given it an illegal rave feel with the whole having to find out where it's actually being held deelio.

Godskitchen looks like a puddle of ass juice tbh.
    there's only a couple of names there that i'd even consider leaving the tech arena for

jonny68 wrote:
    Whats with all this text speak?Plain English please......... :rolleyes:
    Where do you see text speak?

monksavage wrote:
    Where do you see text speak?

:rolleyes:

Sure thats not text speak, unless by text speak you mean letters and words? But then what way are we supposed to communicate?

da? you talking about your dad or something?

yes it has been comfirmed anyway. Tiesto, oakenfold and cox are confirmed.

*shudder*

where did you see that?wat do it matter wat way he speake if u can understand him?

I heard it was confirmed in da Star, but theres nothing on da Pod site yet.

where did you see that?wat do it matter wat way he speake if u can understand him?

because it takes longer to figure out what he is saying.

Really monksavage? thats great.

• Advertisement

i just want confirmation of whether or not a gig is happening.i didnt start this thread for people to have little bickering matches.unless you have something useful to post please dont bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I have my doubts about Global Gatehring in Millstreet to be honest. Nice concept though. Electric Picnic should be an alright fest. Its in Laois. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

well it says in the star today that the tickets go
    on sale monday morning so fingers crossed!

and for everyone who thinks its a crap line-up
    n will be full of knackers and all that jazz just
    piss of to some other thread or something
    leve this to the people who want to go and
    who aint little bitches...

Any1 that has any info on this plese let us know...lol

do anyone know if its a two day event or anything else for that matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

it said in the star that it starts at 2pm till 2am
    so its just a 1day event.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I saw it in the star today aswell,
    also saw a littel bit on John O c and a pic of him, Well done buddy!

press mail

JOIN TIESTO/ PAUL OAKENFOLD/ SASHA & JOHN DIGWEED/ CARL COX/ DAVE CLARKE/ DAVID MORALES/ FERGIE/ LISA LASHES & STEVE LAWLER FOR IRELANDS BIGGEST EVER DJ LINE UP ON BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY, JULY 31ST
    Green Glens Arena, Millstreet, Co Cork
    Sunday 31st July, 2pm*2am

2005 will herald the dawning of a new age of music festival in Ireland, Global Gathering. Bringing the myth to life and opening the gateway to a brave new world of music, for the first time ever on this bank holiday weekend Cork will become the jewel in the crown of the music kingdom. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to bow down and worship at the feet of DJ royalty: a twelve-hour music ceremony in the presence of the great leaders of dance music.

Voted the world¹s number one & the first DJ ever to perform in an Olympic opening ceremony, TIESTO notably sold out his recent Irish gigs in a record twenty minutes.

Global success story PAUL OAKENFOLD (Oakey to his mates which impressively include Snoop Dogg, Stone Roses, Rolling Stones & The Cure as well as our own U2!) makes a highly anticipated return to the emerald Isle.

Superstar DJs? Here we go! You don¹t get much more super than this star. SASHA needs no introduction, no convincing, and after a long seven years he¹s teaming up with JOHN DIGWEED to give Ireland an old school reunion where truancy is simply not an option!

But how do you measure DJs popularity? By club bookings, remix credits, solo releases & mix CDs? By branding, sponsorship & endorsements? Maybe glamour quota & celebrity status, or by radio, TV & movie appearance? By any of these criteria, CARL COX has the love. He¹s a living legend.

?If I don¹t do this¹ says DAVE CLARKE of his music & Djing, ?I can¹t even judge myself as a human being, it¹s in my blood & bones¹. Witness his Global Gathering Ireland set and it¹ll be in yours too!

As a Grammy award winning DJ , remixer, producer and co-pwner of Def Mix Productions; DAVID MORALES has featured on the pages of the international style bibles such as Wallpaper, Vibe, Vogue, ID and Ministry! World domination has been easy for ?The Face¹ and he¹s quite simply at the top of his game?

Irelands protégé FERGIE smashed his way onto the dance scene as the highest new entry ever on the prestigious DJ Magazine¹s top 100 chart. The Radio1 megastars favourite saying ?Happy days!¹ is the motto to adopt for July 31st as this bank holiday Sunday will be a goodun¹ to put it mildly!

?The King of Space¹ (with the Midas touch) STEVE LAWLER has wowed crowds in such far flung places as Zouk in Singapore, Groovejet in Miami and Twilo in New York. With such a diverse music policy across the event this will mean he¹ll be playing alongside the queen of hard house LISA LASHES. Only Global Gathering Ireland brings you such variety.

Come and join forces with 15,000 loyal subjects spread throughout four marquees and arenas that come together to form the royal courts in the empire of Green Glens, Millstreet, Co Cork. As the BPMs soar faster than the summer heat over the bank holiday, get out of town, pitch a tent at the campsite and prepare to pay your respects to the crowned princes and princesses of party?

TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY MAY 9TH

Over 18's only: ID required.
    SUBJECT TO LICENCE

Tickets from E61.50 inc. booking fee. Camping tickets E81 Telephone & Internet bookings subject to E5.50 service charge. Agents E2 per ticket handling charge. Available at www.ticketmaster.ie / Credit Card hotline 0818 719300"

For further event information and up to the minute news please visit: www.globalgathering.ie

To request interviews with artists or the event managers or to secure competition tickets and merchandise please contact:

Siobhan O'Dowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Is that the full line up or will more be added?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'd go with that is the main headliners there for now, might get 1 or 2 slick people that aren't that *big*

Its 100% confirmed,tickets are on sale at ticketmaster today 61.50 and 81 for camping but its only a one day event. Thats not the full line up,I heard theres meant to be 21 DJs altogether with a trance, techno and hard arena. Now loobz, wheres your doubts??

• Advertisement

For a full line up go to http://www.globalgathering.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Corkgirl

i doubt there'll be different arena cos green glens isnt dat big but its def on da tickets r on sale now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Corkgirl

i tryed going on dat website globalgathering.ie but it wont load4 me at all r ya sure its workin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Corkgirl wrote:
    i tryed going on dat website globalgathering.ie but it wont load4 me at all r ya sure its workin
    Yup. You might need to download the plugin to see it - there should be a link on the error page.

Corkgirl wrote:
    Yeah it is working, clearly your pc is inferior to mine. AMD84 processor, 1GB RAM, 700GB hard drive, produces its own electricity to run its self, talks to me etc, etc. Wat do you tink of that Loobz? By the way are you on for another game of Dungeon Master this saturday nite? I promise i wont cast level 5 Druids to beat you Demon Goblins again.

Advertisement