Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV still only 1mb?

• 11-04-2005 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I have utv higher option, was told last week i should have 2mb by today. still only 1mb.

i rang their "tech support" and was told to contact eircom.....

any suggestions? has anyone got 2mb with utv yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you're with U.TV internet then it is THERE problem and THEY need to solve it.

Otherwise, have them for breach of contract and go to another provider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Quote to them "By the sale of good and supply of service act 1980 it is the resellers obligation to fix problems, not the manufacturer/wholesaler"...if I learned anything in secondary school it was that Act :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Amen to business studies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

tis a saga i refuse to let get me down.

rang comreg, they said make a formal complaint and if there is no resolution they will take it further.

got on to some very un helpful super by the name of Patrick who basicly said unless i had the name of the person who told me last week that i would have 2mb there was nothing he would do as they do not garuntee 2mb, its down to €ircon, as for been told to contact Eircom its because they upgrade the lines and he refused to listen to my arguement that its UTV's service and they should be answering my questions.

it has just convinced me to sign up for smart. i am now on rolling monthly contract with utv, so it suits me fine to sign up for smart and let this contract roll away till i want to move.

Advertisement