Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rovers sad days continue

• 11-04-2005 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Shamrock Rovers today try to enter into examinership so as to finance the day to day running of the club.

The 400 club are being asked to help pay for the running of the club while it can continue to operate this season.

More in all todays papers , but assuming they fail to pay players does that mean they can leave the club and the transfer window rule is neglible for them to find new clubs?

Collins gameplan was to have enough points by June to ensure survival when all his Mercenaries go back accross the water to find other clubs. He just goes and signs another striker today when this news breaks.

Tallaght moves far far away again.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

How the blue hell did they get a licence?

This must have been apparent at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

And so the Rovers saga continues...

Hope they get it sorted by the time next season begins, its not a great advertisement for the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

seansouth wrote:
    How the blue hell did they get a licence?

This must have been apparent at the time.

Assuming they go into examinership , points deduction and possible relegation will be part and parcel of being stripped of licence, in accordance with the rules but they prolly go to the High Court we all know thats where stuff really happens :rolleyes: . Clarkson was on board at start of season he has now pulled out.

And im amazed i posted all that without :D:D:D we need a striker they have loads :D:D:D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

If the directors in charge had concentrated on Tallaght years ago and looked at the big picture Rovers would have been in there by now.

I really have sypmathy with the supporters.

I get angry when I think about the whole Rovers saga as an Eircom League fan. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

It's not really a 'sad day' for Rovers, far from it in fact, the fans have been calling for this for months. It's obviously not exactly good news but this move was very much needed and will help them in the long run. The members of the 400 club want the corrupt board out and want to take over the day to day running of the club themselves and this will help, I really hope they're successful.

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    we need a striker
    You have Ger Rowe.

:eek:

Heard that fans running the club idea, has to be the most stupidest idea ever, and about the corrupt board they have done as much as possible to try get backers in behind the club.

Odd tho i know a few members of the 400 club and they also Ultra Ninja Terminator X in the house Casuals. Isnt that like the superest idea ever getting them to run the club.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

KdjaC wrote:
    and about the corrupt board they have done as much as possible to try get backers in behind the club.

The Rovers board exposed themselves for the corrupt self interested bunch they are when the SDCC offered to finish Rovers stadium for them, get them out of the sorry mess they are in, and the Rovers board appealed and got into a legal battle with the people offering them a way out! They showed then they aren't working for the best interests of the club and are simply after a big pay off and need to be removed. If they are working in the best interests of the club then they're at a Brent-esque level of competency anyway.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0412/morningireland.html

The supporters are staying defiant. The future looks bleak though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

its sad for this to happen.They should get rid of the current board and find some people whocare about football and rovers.Surely in Dublin there are a few wealthy rovers fans who would like to be on board.In saying this without a proper stadium their future is very bleak indeed.How the hell can they afford jason gavin unless hes paying for peanuts.

• Advertisement

A list of Rovers debts have been published in todays herald myself and a few mates of mine are going to help and donate €03.02 and clear one of there debts...

SOLIDARITY !!!! or is it UNITY anyway FORZA ROVERSO!!!

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    A list of Rovers debts have been published in todays herald myself and a few mates of mine are going to help and donate €03.02 and clear one of there debts...
    Feeling the pinch a bit? :D

seansouth wrote:
    Feeling the pinch a bit? :D

No as was pointed out to me tis the exact change from 4 pints of Guiness and large bottle of Cider, i mean thats just faith :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Shamrock Rovers :p what a bunch of jokers..lol

I cringe whenever I see tony McGuire(Rovers Chairman) on TV. He seems to have his head in the clouds. How many times has he said that he expects good news about the stadium in the next 3/4 weeks?

Also after taking Roddy Collins from Dublin City near the end of last season, McGuire was saying that Roddy would have a budget 2/3's the size of Shelbournes. If they were c. 2.5m in debt and struggling to even players each week, how could he come out and say this.

He has a lot to answer for :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I

Also after taking Roddy Collins from Dublin City near the end of last season, McGuire was saying that Roddy would have a budget 2/3's the size of Shelbournes. If they were c. 2.5m in debt and struggling to even players each week, how could he come out and say this.

He has a lot to answer for :mad:

Judas Collins who`ll go anywhere or do anything for his few peices of silver,that`s unforgivable what he done to Dublin City and its only a matter of time before he walks out on the scum as well.......... :eek:

Advertisement