Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Tables

Options
  • 11-04-2005 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey... Just a quickie... I play the odd freeroll or €20 tournie in the fitz, but i play mostly at home - im the youngish blonde dude who appologises eveytime win a hand...crazy habit i know...

anyway, i have one of those fold out hexagonal poker tables you find in special days, but find it more novelty than anything else, and usually end up playing on the dining room table with some felt... still pretty terrible...

just wondering, does anybody have/has anyone made a poker table? did you buy one from anywhere? was it worth buying/building? poker is poker, but i think a good table with some foamey give adds lots to a game...

thanks...

MedZer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

You could try searching the forum for [thread=242575]threads like this one[/thread]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 medZer

henbane wrote:
    You could try searching the forum for [thread=242575]threads like this one[/thread]

ya thanks, though its not the building i have a problem with... i was just looking for opinion... do people have them, if so why, if not, why not? is there anyone out there with a good table they bought?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I bought this table top and I'm happy with it. Others here have played on it and I think they would agree it did the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

The hexogonal table top is a basic table solution - very popular because of price.

We have now taken in the tables with cushioning & legs in 2 sizes due to people like you asking for a more solid table.

4 foot round table + arm cushioning on cushioned felt - 179.00
    7 foot rectangle table as above - 299.00

Both are on display in the Special Days Liffey valley store at the moment and will be in Tallaght & Swords (EuroKing) on wednesday evening (need to re-arrange other displays to fit them in.)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Maybe this table is something more in the line you are looking for. Or this table top if you were looking for something better quality than the 8sided or rectangle table top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 medZer

thats great gents, thanks a mill.... see u at a table sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

mcaul wrote:
    The hexogonal table top is a basic table solution - very popular because of price.

We have now taken in the tables with cushioning & legs in 2 sizes due to people like you asking for a more solid table.

Both are on display in the Special Days Liffey valley store at the moment and will be in Tallaght & Swords (EuroKing) on wednesday evening (need to re-arrange other displays to fit them in.)

Can you or have put pictures of these up on the web?

They're going up tomorrow - they just came in last Thursday.

www.specialdays.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mcaul wrote:

I was in the Liffey Valley store myself today looking at the 7' one, I decided there and then its my next purchase. sometime in the next week or so. Just have to get the money sorted. It's luvleh. Just couldnt resist.

***EDIT**** @Murfie- have you bought anything off that site? Are they reliable, I like the idea of saving €50 on the special days price. More to spend on chips that way :)

Just to let you know - the tables are a different size -

The Special Days table is 7' x 3' 6" against the other site's table being 6'x3'.

The round one is 4' round @ 179.00 and will be in Liffey on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

mcaul wrote:

The Special Days table is 7' x 3' 6" against the other site's table being 6'x3'.

The round one is 4' round @ 179.00 and will be in Liffey on Wednesday.

Aah right, didnt notice the size on that site, back to special days I go, definately the bigger 1 I'm going to go with, need as much space as possible.

mcaul wrote:

No the table with the foldable legs on fullhouse Poker Chips Site is 7'x3'6", the foldable padded table is 6'x3' alright.

And yes the you are talking to the site owner, so its reliable to purchase from me ;)

Next day delivery and all boards users get a 15% discount on all my range, least i can do getting to advertise my site for free!!! :D

murfie wrote:
    No the table with the foldable legs on fullhouse Poker Chips Site is 7'x3'6", the foldable padded table is 6'x3' alright.

And yes the you are talking to the site owner, so its reliable to purchase from me ;)

Next day delivery and all boards users get a 15% discount on all my range, least i can do getting to advertise my site for free!!! :D

Good good. Should be getting it in the next week or two, ill drop you a pm when I'm looking to order if that's ok.

No problem, pm or email me through the site either way is perfect.

Mufie, does the table itself fold in half or just the legs fold up? I was looking at the one in special days in tallaght today and the table folds in half. I'll be transporting it about a bit so I need it to be foldable, cheers.

Stekelly wrote:
    Mufie, does the table itself fold in half or just the legs fold up? I was looking at the one in special days in tallaght today and the table folds in half. I'll be transporting it about a bit so I need it to be foldable, cheers.

Sorry to say no the table with the legs that i offer is a solid top, the legs do fold away in underneath but it does not fold in half. The table with out the legs does fold into 3 and comes in its own nylon carry case for transporting and protection. The other table would be a bit to big if you were hoping to bring it around to your mates houses etc.

SteKelly -

You'll notice that the price of the folding table is now 199.00 - the factory made a cock-up on our pricing and it was rectified yesterday so the retail price was adjusted acordingly. www.specialdays.ie

The folded size is 43" length x 42" width x 8" depth

mcaul wrote:
    SteKelly -

You'll notice that the price of the folding table is now 199.00 - the factory made a cock-up on our pricing and it was rectified yesterday so the retail price was adjusted acordingly. www.specialdays.ie

The folded size is 43" length x 42" width x 8" depth

Sold!!!!! :) . I work in the square and live locally, is it delivery only or can it just be collected from the shop? If not does it make a difference, time wise, whether I order from the shop or online? cheers.

OH, it doesnt come with a cover or anything for transporting by any chance does it, like the tabletop one. If not, don't suppose theres one available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

keep talking lads and you'll start a ncie price war! :)

Due to its size and weight (42kg) we deliver. Health and safety rules prevent us from allowing the shop staff lifting the tables - not that they would do it anyway!!

We deliver with our own van in the Dublin / Kildare (usually within 2 days and evening deliveries also available) area and Fastway elswhere in the country.

• Advertisement

After my many weeks of deliberating, I was in Liffey Valley today and dropped into Special days . I ordered the table and got myself a new set of chips ( the 500 set of 13,5g ones). It's getting delivered on saturday, yay!!!! Bring on some scalps (my friends are useless and I have no concience (sp?)).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

musician wrote:
    I bought this table top and I'm happy with it. Others here have played on it and I think they would agree it did the job.

The very same thing is sold in Special Days....and there's 20% off tables and chips at the moment!

Got a 500 chip set and the table for 150 bills....had 8 people around the first night i got it and it was a great laugh....only got it last Friday....having another session tomorrow!
    Cant wait

:D:D:D:D

Advertisement