Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniskerry Co. Wicklow - is it enabled for Eircom Broadband?

• 11-04-2005 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Has anyone in Enniskerry got Eircom broadband?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If there's an Enniskerry exchange it's not enabled. I presume you've tried Eircom's availability checker?

There's a guy on Boards who talked Irish Broadband into giving him a connection even though Enniskerry is outside of Irish Broadband's self-imposed distance limit. If you can see the mast at Windgates give them a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Has anyone in Enniskerry got Eircom broadband?

Call Eircom. Or test your line.

http://www.eircom.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

According to recent Eircom broadband adverts they are awaiting planning permission to put an exchange into Enniskerry. Once this has been built they will enable it for DSL. No idea how long all of this will take.

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Eircom are doing alot of work around wicklow at the moment, theres a pile of eircom workers all around kilcoole changing the lines form the old boxes to the newer eircom boxes.

To look at it youd swear there is no method to the madness!

Enniskerry would run off the bray exchange would it not which would mean a fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

There is a housing estate up beside Powerscourt called Eagle Valley IBB is available there, Has anyone checked what Smart say re an enniskerry Number?

• Advertisement

Smart isnt even available in bray or shankill afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SpursFan

As far as I've been able to tell the bray exchange is too far away for any of us in Enniskerry. Some people are covered by Irish Broadband's offering, it depends on where you are in the village (I'm not covered :mad: ). There doesn't seem to be a great deal that can be done, I'm pretty sure Eircom's FWA (wireless) doesn't cover us and the only recommendation I've had it to go the community broadband route... Anyone heard anything more positive???

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

There's a guy on Boards who talked Irish Broadband into giving him a connection even though Enniskerry is outside of Irish Broadband's self-imposed distance limit. If you can see the mast at Windgates give them a call.

And I'm that guy :D

The only two options for Enniskerry for the forseeable future are IBB and satellite. As Blaster99 said, IBB is available if you are in line of site of Windgates.

PM me if you want any further details.......

richardo wrote:
    And I'm that guy :D

The only two options for Enniskerry for the forseeable future are IBB and satellite. As Blaster99 said, IBB is available if you are in line of site of Windgates.

PM me if you want any further details.......

Think if i put a 100foot reciever ontop of my gaff that irishbb would give me bb :P (im in kilcoole btw :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Blitz wrote:
    Think if i put a 100foot reciever ontop of my gaff that irishbb would give me bb :P (im in kilcoole btw :P)
    from some of the things i've read. IBB have problems within half a mile of a mast

• Advertisement

:( roll on 2007 MAN project

Advertisement