Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting coupons on website & limiting the number of downloads

Options
  • 11-04-2005 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I hope somebody has encountered this kind of request before...here goes.

An advertiser wishes to post coupons on my website. However, they would like to restrict the number of coupons a viewer can download...(either by limiting the number of downloads by ip or cookie) or creating a unique PDF for each coupon (with a barcode or some other means of making the coupon unique)

Anybody aware of any software / applications that would manage this easily?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

It'd be easy to create a unique PDF/image.. but how will that be enforced? What's to stop someone printing/using 100 unique tokens?

Pigsback probably sort most of your problems. The require you to login / be registered, and print your name on your chosen vouchers. Having said that they don't need to worry about enforcement for most of them. The enforcement is "only one coupon per purchase".. which is fine for most grocery items, etc.

To answer your vague questions.. you could limit the downloads by requiring registration (but you should probably allow for a few prints, to cover printer jams, etc.). You can create barcodes easily enough, but if it's for a supermarket type place, then you'll need to register for some code ranges (and pay a heftyish amount for that privilege for an EAN barcode, or some such) or come to some arrangement with individual supermarkets.

As to s/w or apps that do this already, I don't know of any I'm afraid.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Autogeneration of PDFs with PHP may be the way to go. Have a unique number on the PDF, and you can limit it by cookie or IP (the user would always get the same coupon number when they went back). This is easy enough to do.

Advertisement