Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 - May 13 on MTV

Options
  • 11-04-2005 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

NEW YORK -- The revolution will be televised. Xbox 2 -- aka Codename Xenon, the next-generation gaming console from Microsoft -- will make its first appearance on a yet-untitled half-hour special that will be broadcast globally across all MTV stations.

The move bucks industry protocol to make major debuts at E3 in Los Angeles-the largest trade show in the gaming industry. "It doesn't make sense to unveil the product behind a closed door, at a trade-only event. We wanted to talk directly to the consumer first," said Peter Moore, corporate vp-worldwide marketing and publishing for Microsoft Xbox.......more.....

Msft goes all hip and cool, so there then not at e3 but on tv for all to see.

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Well they had to find some way of getting one over on Sony who moved their pre-E3 event to just hours before the normal MS event.

Although http://www.ourcolony.net/ was pointing to that date around, if not before, Sony changed their date. It's 'play' btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

at first i thought "cool", but if mtv are involved it'll be ****, and probably have xzibit in saying how cool it is (remember the mtv "making the game" show for halo2?)...

it'll be interesting to see how it looks, and how the games are. i hope they don't rely on halo to make themselves look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

beats "Xenon" anyways...
    roll on crimbo :)

• Advertisement

It's kinda funny the way they're launching it on MTV just before E3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I think its a very smart move. Most people I know who have consoles have never heard of E3. They get the best of both worlds this way, most people will see the console on MTV but still the journalists/gamers etc. will still attend/watch/read about it at E3 too.

I can just see the 'Pimp My Ride Special: How Many Xbox 360s Can We Fit Into A Car?'... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

lol what a crap name :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

i finally have a reason to turn on mtv;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

What would you suggest?

xbox 720!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

ybox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

What games will be launched with it? Halo 360 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

how about "xbox U-turn" its like your old xbox except without the hard drive :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 plague

Sony will now launch the next console as the PS3000. Almost 10 times faster then the XBox 360! *

*Note: completely made up

Seriously, they reckon the reason it's not called X-Box2 is in case Sony use PS3. And those clever consumers will just see the 2 and 3, and figure 3 is obviously better!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The PS3 won't be called the PS3 though. And XBox 360 is an awful name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The PS3 won't be called the PS3 though.

Why? What will it be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Not a clue, they haven't confirmed it yet but I read somewhere that Nvidia said it wasn't going to be named ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I think it still could be called the PS3, its always going to be called that anyway no matter what the official name is. And I can't see Sony dropping the name "Playstation", and since this is the third Playstation...

Xbox 360 is an awful name, I can't see why they're using it, Xenon was better. Only reason is probably because the design of it is so different. But in that case its very similair to the Revolution.

And has anyone any better suggestions about what channel they should launch it on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Speaking of the Revolution - when are going to see that? Have Ninty just given up on the whole marketing thing altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Sony would be stupid to abandon the Playstation brand.

All three next gen consoles will be at E3.

smile.gif

Kazaanova wrote:
    And has anyone any better suggestions about what channel they should launch it on?

One who's core audience doesn't consist of chavs, wiggas and plebs.

plague wrote:
    Seriously, they reckon the reason it's not called X-Box2 is in case Sony use PS3. And those clever consumers will just see the 2 and 3, and figure 3 is obviously better!

This is scarily true. There is also the whole Mother-in-Smyth's factor around Christmas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Why? What will it be called?
    PS 361 of course :)

Advertisement