Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Hardy is no more!!!!

• 11-04-2005 5:20pm

It has been officially announed by the WWE that both Matt Hardy and Rhyno have been released.
    Matt Hardy and Rhyno have been released. World Wrestling Entertainment wishes them the best in their future endeavors.

It has been rumoured before that rhyno was fired, but these rumours were quashed a while back. But now it has become official. I also do not understand why Matt Hardy would be fired. And if its because of the Edge-Lita thing, I'd find it even harder to comprehend. If what i've been hearing is true then it should be Edge that has to leave. Anyway, I would just like to say that I will miss both Hardy and Rhyno, and that i hope they return in the near future.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Black day for WWE :(

That a real shame, understandable that Rhyno had to go but Matt Hardy as well, makes no sense.

Hope they both have a good future in Wrestling.

V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What?!

This is absolute bullsh*t! How can WWE treat Matt like this?

Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Two of my favourite wrestlers have no been cast into the wrestling wilderness...How can guys like Viscera (not the most talented in fairness) and Chris Masters (one of numerous unproven rookies) keep their spot on the card when people like Hardy and Rhyno who have always given their best for the company get the boot? Ok legit reason for Rhyno going but Hardy was the victim of the whole thing. The only reason I can think of was maybe the publicity it drew, bad press and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

I don't know what this means for the ecw reunion ppv....will Rhyno be at the show wrestling?

I can understand how wwe would fire Rhyno but Matt Hardy?

I believe the WWE have made a v bad decision for a number of reasons.

1.Matt Hardy was not to blame for edge and lita.its their fault.

2.Hardy was out recovering from an injury and was about to return only to be released.now thats a kick below the belt.

3.if anybody should be fired shouldnt it be lita or edge?Their behaviour can be seen as unprofessional?

4.WWE could have accomodated the three in staying in wwe by drafting edge and hardy to different shows.

5.WWE could have postponed Hardys return and have more time to think of a better solution.read number 4, 6 and 7.

6.At joint ppvs one should be in attendence while the other stays at home.

7.If the WWE were to punish Edge and Lita..they should have put Lita on Smackdown and keep Edge on Raw.

I feel very sorry for Matt Hardy who doesn't deserve any of this.I'm dissappointed in Lita and Edge and the decision made by WWE.I have lost respect for Edge and Lita is a bitch.Matt Hardy deserves a better career/push, a better woman and happiness.

With that said...what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.This is a perfect opportunity for Matt to enter negotiations with TNA and reunite with his brother and get more exposure.It would also help TNA to grow and compete better with WWE as TNA can now revive a DX faction and the Hardy boys.

Plus Edge will get some cheap heat. Something WWE will no doubtedly build on to push him to the next level. Damn it!

• Advertisement

unfortunatley he will Brow.I wouldn't have had a problem with Edge being pushed if all this personal stuff did'nt happen.personally i think edge was better as a face and would make a good face champion if he were to get the strap.

but enough bout edge...Matt is still young and has a long way to go before he is done.Going to TNA would not be like leaving wwf(wwe) to go to WCW for the simple fact that TNA have mostly young superstars such as AJ Styles,Christopher Danials,Chris Sabin,Abyss,Monty Brown.It does not comprise mostly of well established veterans who are past their prime like Hogan,Savage,Flair etc. no disrespect intended by the way to those superstars.I love them.

I can see a positive in Matts future and the options he has now.This may actually benefit Matt in fact.WWE while being the biggest wrestling company (in the america anyway) is not the only wrestling company.AJ Styles is more recognised wrestling for Ring oF Honour and TNA.It would be a bad move for him to go to WWE because his talent would probably be wasted.

It seems as though Matt got a rough deal..he probably did.I think he did but later down the road it could be the best thing that happened to him.plus if i was Matt I wouldn't stick around in a place or let myself be in a v bad position where i would see my ex girlfriend with my former friend....that would be torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

This is total Bullsh*t! Why oh why have they made such a stupid decision. Hardy is one of the most dedicated and professional guys in Wrestling. He is great in the ring, and is a huge loss to the wwe.

This probably stems from the Lita/Edge thing, and if so, they can rot.

All the best Matt.

From Wrestlezone.com

Matt Hardy was scheduled to return to WWE this month after rehabbing a knee injury for the last several months. As we noted about two months ago, Hardy and Lita split up after Hardy found out from Edge's wife that Lita had been having a relationship with Edge while traveling on the road. The two split and Hardy issued some harsh words to Edge via his official website at TheMattHardy.com.

The Torch noted that Edge's rental car tires had been slashed after a WWE house show several weeks ago. Matt Hardy and friends (including Shannon Moore) were in attendance. As we noted, the two did not cross paths during the night as Edge stayed in a locker-room most of the night. This was the same night Moore was involved in a car accident on his way home.

It is not quite clear what led to Hardy's release other than WWE management may have felt there was really no way to avoid a confrontation between the two even by splitting them up and Matt fell on the lower end, star power wise.

You can pretty much put a lock on it that once Hardy's 90 day contract clause runs up, he'll be with TNA unless he chooses not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

blackbelt wrote:
    for the simple fact that TNA have mostly young superstars such as AJ Styles,Christopher Danials,Chris Sabin,Abyss,Monty Brown.It does not comprise mostly of well established veterans who are past their prime like Hogan,Savage,Flair etc. no disrespect intended by the way to those superstars.I love them.

*cough* jeff jarret *cough* :p

Sad to see matt hardy go, although to be honest I really couldnt give two shts about rhyno, to me he always struck me as a disproportioned little fat man with long hair and one move (*gore*). That being said I have never seen him in ECW so I could well be wrong (and probably am)

well i suppose there is jarrett,hall,nash and there was savage for a while but the emphasis is on the x division (cruiserweight) with the young talent.

this is good for matt hardy.he could play in between the two.now that matt is pretty much a free agent it seems very foolish to turn down TNA if they show interest in signing him.It makes more sense for Matt to go to TNA.

I have to say I'd feel like turning my tv off when i see Lita on RAW.AFterall she wouldn't be on WWE programming let alone any WWE tv if it weren't for Matt.She would have followed Essa Rios to the indie circuits and most people would forget about her.

Edge having his tyres punctured is not revenge enough.I know how i'd feel,I'd want to kill Edge or anybody messing around with my girlfriend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this is crazy on wwe's part what are they thinking... matt hardy and rhyno were great...this is a black day for wwe alright

• Advertisement

Tonight's Raw should be interesting, shouldn't it? I wonder if Edge will be put on the show. I'm sure he will. The only question is, will the fans in attendance be knowledgeable enough about the situation? If I was at the show I would boo that man and Lita the Cheata' out of the building!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

What did Rhino do ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

After Wrestle Mania 21 at the after party, he had a fight with his wife and caused a scene, nothing bad enough to fire him over but it put on the internet and therefore made it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a reunion of the 2 hardy's on TNA

could it be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Oh my God I'm devastated that Matt hardy is gone from the WWE. He was a shockingly underused superstar who had amazing ability in the ring, put on great matches and was superb on the mic. This proves that Vinnie Mac has no intelligence about his best superstars.

Long live MATTITUDE! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I'm a fan of Matt's and Edge and did'nt want this situation to hinder either man's career.
    However, it's a known fact that WWE don't like their dirty laudry aired on the Internet,which Matt done by discussing this situation.
    Where as Edge may not have been able to keep it in his pants but did keep his mouth shut about it.
    WWE release information when they want to , i'd say they would have liked to disgard this as rumours but Matt ensured that did'nt happen.
    Granted, in a moral world, a guy should have the right to name and shame if his girlfriend and friend but the WWE is'nt a moral world.
    It's a money making world and this situation was never going to become a money making angle and also would have hinder current angles.
    Plus, this tire slashing business, wheither Matt was responible or not, would have been frowned upon.
    Like i said, i'm a fan of both and would'nt have liked to see either gone for good, a roster move seemed the logical solution to this but obviously that was'nt to be.
    Sorry to see Matt gone, and also sorry to see Rhyno gone, both were underused and this is indeed a bad move by WWE.

Would the hiring and firing be solely looked after by Vince?

JR is head of talent management.Maybe for those superstars it could be a combination of JR and Vince.Who knows.

For those who are mattitude followers and fans of wrestling i propose getting digital with the wrestling channel.I could nearly guarantee you would see matt again in the near future on TNA or ROH even.

its this simple for matt and rhyno...seek TNA contracts.

Well matt does have the right to express his feelings.He did so on the internet so that the rumours were confirmed and that the story wouldn't get out of hand or be twisted.

WWE is not a moral company,i agree.Its a company that makes money and any sign of a weak link is cut off...in this case Matt was always going to lose out personally and professionally.Due to Matt not being involved in any angles and being on the shelf,the WWE thought it best to release him.I guess they saw him as a "liability".

i disagree however...matt is an asset like all other talent.You have to make the best of your assets/talent.The best management decision would be to put matt back on smackdown which would suit him better because it did in all fairness.Thats however if Matt wanted to stay with WWE.

you want my opion..if i was in the management position,i would have gone to matt and asked if he wanted to stay with wwe or part ways with the company.and if matt wanted to stay,the board should draw up a solution.its debatable if
    matt should have been fired for going public with his personal life,however,i think being released was over the top.He should have been suspended or have his return postponed.

all i've got to say is TNA all the way for Matt.same for Rhyno.WWE have dropped the ball in terms of the ECW ppv.Rhyno was the last ECW champion before ECW folded.if there is no Rhyno at the ECW ppv,announcers would sound awkward referring to Rhyno as the last ECW champ.Everybody would be saying ok so he was,so where is he now?

I was disappointed that the crowd went easy on Edge and that there was no "You screwed Matt" chants. Lesnar got awful abuse in MSG for something far less worse in my opinion. The good news is, next week Raw comes from - you guessed it - MSG! I hope the fans in New York boo Edge and Lita out of the building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

From thematthardy.com

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for the incredible support that you have shown me in this very hard and difficult time. I have been kicked down before (although probably not this much, in such a short amount of time), but I always find a way to rebound and make my life a better place.

Thanks for the outpouring of emotion and letting me know how much you care--I need that now.

For all of you who believe in me, cheer for me, and care for me, I am not going away--I will rise above. Thanks and much love...

Matt"

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:

I am not going away--I will rise above. Thanks and much love...

Matt"

This seems to hint that he's joining Jeff in TNA. He wouldn't be able to be Version 1 in TNA though would he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

This is doubtless a completley stupid question but what exactly happened between Edge and Lita and why was Matt fired over it?

I've not really been following the story.

Slash/ED wrote:
    This is doubtless a completley stupid question but what exactly happened between Edge and Lita and why was Matt fired over it?

Edge and Lita had an affair, Matt found out about it and confronted Lita who admitted it, he then took down pictures of Lita on his website, someone close to Matt said Matt was not to blame, Matt confirmed this on his website and called Edge 'feces', then at a recent show in which Matt and Shannon Moore were in attendance, Edge had his tyres slashed. Now WWE have seen fit to release Matt.

That's a rough summary but I think it's pretty accurate.

Slash/ED wrote:

As above! Nicely put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Well then you'd have to say the WWE had to fire one of them, things couldn't continue going the way they were no matter how good they are (And I was a Matt Hardy fan at least before I became a more 'casual' WWE viewer). Seems harsh Matt was the one they picked to go though but that's typically ruthless and moralless of the WWE. Like someone said this could well be exploited to get Edge cheap heat.

Well then you'd have to say the WWE had to fire one of them, things couldn't continue going the way they were no matter how good they are

That's no true. They could have moved one of them to Smackdown, as was the plan I believe. Why they changed their mind, I don't know. And why Matt Hardt is the one being fired, I also don't know!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

The MSG Crowd is gonna show no mercy!, Lets see them keep Lita face with this happening.You see one of the issues raised by WWE in the Lesnar case was that he reacted to the Wrestlemania 20 fans in an unprofessional manner(Flipping the birds) and it would take them a long time to rebuild his character...so it doesn't look good for Edge or Lita

Couple of sites are highlighting the backstage reaction to Matt Hardy's release. Apprently Triple H's response to the news was: "the guy never drew any money." What a pr*ck! I firmly believe Matt could've been huge had he been given a push. Instead he was left jobbing to guys on Raw and Heat while Triple H held the belt for months.

http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=22346

HHH doesn't think of the fact that Matt entertained the fans...with his singles,tag matches,tlc matches etc.

so basically most of the wwe wrestlers should be let go due to the fact that they dont draw money.

hurricane,scotty,simon dean,snitsky,heidenreich etc dont draw money do they?its really only the top stars that draw the money so if you're not at the top drawing money you should be fired??........i don't think so.Its people who are not drawing money that are getting the top stars "over".HHH shouldn't be so negative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

absolutly gutted to hear that matt has been let go from WWE but in another way im delighted because ive been waitin for years to see the hardys re-unite!! If he signs for TNA it will be really exciting times!! matt & jeff taggin up again for TLC matches and also the 2 of them in the x-division! sweet! as for rhyno - wat did he ever do! let him play around with monty brown - dont like him either

Went on to WWE.com last night and got myself a Matt Hardy t-shirt reduced from 30 dollars to five. Representing hardy next week with my new t shirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

then at a recent show in which Matt and Shannon Moore were in attendance, Edge had his tyres slashed. Now WWE have seen fit to release Matt.

ya tink if i give vince a text, tell him it was me, he'll re-hire him??
    mighty pissed about it tho, complete joke!! ah well one door closes another one opens and no doubt TNA will be sniffin around!

Well you all can sign the Matt Hardy petition here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/viazon16/petition.html

Support V1!

Well you all can sign the Matt Hardy petition here:

http:www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?viazon16

Support V1!

That link doesn't really work if you haven't signed a petition on that site before This one is better.

Advertisement