Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esats New Offer Broadband and Line Rental 49 Euro

• 11-04-2005 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

While driving home this evening I passed a billboard with Esats new offer - Broadband and line rental for 49 euro a month . It was also being advertised under the BT brand - Esat BT are currently in the process of rebranding under the BT name.
    I cannot find any other details anywhere else. I know they were due to announce an offer in Mid April. Has somebody put up one of the billboards a little early.
    If you have any further details please post here !

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

So they finally decided to use BT instead of esatBT....well I hope they offer us in Ireland similar products that they have in the UK.

I suppose the €49 offer is only given when you sign up to their Telephone service...similar to UTV???
    Is this limited to esatBT's...sorry.....BT's unbundled exchanges or all exchanges????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Can't find anything on their website!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Has anyone else seen one of these billboards. The one I saw was on the lower glanmire road in cork coming out of town as you turn back down on to the quays.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Get the camera ready next time you pass it!

Yeah take a pic next time.

It could be confuseing if there is no distinction...even Tesco use Tesco Ireland and such.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 A O Malley

You pretty much get that if sign up for standard broadband and there line rental with €5 off for online billing.

So I would say that is the package they set-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Saw something like it on a bus but didn't get the details, sorry

What are you talking about A O Malley???

EsatBT have their basic Package at €39(€33 with their telephone service).

€24(line Rental) + €33 + €(whatever package of calls you are forced to signup to)
    = Far more than €49 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 A O Malley

If you get on-line billing you get €5 of your bill a month 33+24-5=52 they just took €3 off to get below €50 not much more of a saving then you can get right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

julius wrote:
    So they finally decided to use BT instead of esatBT
    They were always going to use the BT name. They were just familiarising people with BT.
    Vodafone done the same, remember they were called "Eircell Vodafone" for about a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Switch over yer phone service - €25 a month for line rental and get IOL Broadband Plus (2Mb connection with a 24Gb cap) for €49.99. Self installation is €80 and ya gotta pay 2 months broadband in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Check out their website - it has just been updated
    www.esatbt.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Switch over yer phone service - €25 a month for line rental and get IOL Broadband Plus (2Mb connection with a 24Gb cap) for €49.99. Self installation is €80 and ya gotta pay 2 months broadband in advance.

I wonder what way they treat existing broadband users? Would we have to pay the connection fee and 2 months in advance? Would there downtime (disconnect and re-connect the broadband after a few days)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Site not working properly yet. Terms and Conditions page won't load, even after I fixed the url. I heard on the radio that there is no minimum contract. That would be pretty cool.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

It's still BitStream. There'd be no reason for downtime, that I can see.

What you do with your phone provider (assuming not unbundled) wont effect whatever BitStream operator you're with, and vice versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

No minimum term and a 12GB download allowance looks mighty good to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

https://esatbt.com/echannel/res.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=res_Products_&residentialProducts_actionOverride=/pageflows/residentialContent/products/broadbandPlus

For just €57 per month with line rental, our premium Broadband Plus service gives you all of the features of regular Broadband, plus these additional benefits:

Line rental discounted to €10 a month

We’ve increased the Broadband Plus download
    speed by up to 2Mb per second.

A huge 24GB monthly data-transfer allowance is more than
    enough to download plenty of quality broadband content

A dual USB/Ethernet modem lets you connect
    to the Internet with your PC and a games console.
    It also means that any system with an Ethernet card
    can be used on the service

Order online and save €50 on self-install (normally €80)

Note: Broadband Plus without phone line rental is €47.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

there is a phase out period for companys changing names, Eircell Vodafone was like that for about a year i think, esat bt has been around around the same afaik.

Broadband + Line Rental + Using there Telephone System

Rang up there and you must switch Voice calls over to them to avail of this offer!

Smarts free calls to other smart customers is too good a deal to leave Im afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

ya when you ring them too, they say welcome to BT, you would have known us as esat BT previously blah blah blah...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

Will everyone get this automatically or will you have to ring them to set it up? Currently pay ~€57 (BB @ €33.15 & line rental) ...so I could have BB+ for the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

well everyone has the cap increase (rang this morning to confirm, and thats effective of this morning) but the line rental I dont have a clue about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I phoned BT Ireland to enquire about transferring to the service. The recorder spiel at the beginning of the call says existing customers will automatically get the discount.

There's also a €5/bill discount for opting for online billing.

If you're transferring from Eircom don't listen to anything Eircom says. They told me a few minutes ago that I'd have to cancel Eircom before I could apply to BT. This is NOT TRUE if you are out of your 12 month contract. BT will send a "broadband transfer authorisation form" which provides for a transfer with no downtime.

I am really, REALLY annoyed with Eircom after being given incorrect information, and this has given me the final incentive necessary to transfer provider. :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm trying to check out Esats site and btireland.ie, esatbt.ie & esatbt.com are all dead
    www.iol.ie is the only site working at the moment

btireland.ie gives me the following result http://www.btireland.ie/bridgeerror.html

Seems their transfering sites over atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 flop71

Sarsfield wrote:
    I phoned BT Ireland to enquire about transferring to the service. The recorder spiel at the beginning of the call says existing customers will automatically get the discount.

There's also a €5/bill discount for opting for online billing.

If you're transferring from Eircom don't listen to anything Eircom says. They told me a few minutes ago that I'd have to cancel Eircom before I could apply to BT. This is NOT TRUE if you are out of your 12 month contract. BT will send a "broadband transfer authorisation form" which provides for a transfer with no downtime.

I am really, REALLY annoyed with Eircom after being given incorrect information, and this has given me the final incentive necessary to transfer provider. :mad:

I was told the same thing from Eircom, when i enquired about moving my BB and Calls back to Eircom, they told me i'd have to cancel first and then wait 10-15 working days to get connected!! LOL!

I think i'll dump UTV at the end of the month and signup with Esat/BT/IOL/whoever

Flop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Cabaal wrote:
    I'm trying to check out Esats site and btireland.ie, esatbt.ie & esatbt.com are all dead
    www.iol.ie is the only site working at the moment

btireland.ie gives me the following result http://www.btireland.ie/bridgeerror.html

Seems their transfering sites over atm

It was down for a while all right, but seems to be back up now:

http://www.btireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Was just talking to one of those live support help guys on there website and he tells me that ill have to run the lenght of my current contract before being able to take up that new offer. I don't hold much faith in what he has to say though as, he told me that even if i had been over my 12 month contract i would still have to pay the connection charge associated with the new deal and therefore i wouldnt make a saving. Which to me doesn't make any sense, as i'm already connected, why would there be another connection charge. Seriously, these guys are muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

gBot. does that mean existing customers of IOLBB+esat phone can not get the discounts? I can not find their terms and conditions anywhere on the web though their website is mess :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Well, thats what the rep was implying but i don't if I should believe him. I'd imagine though if your contract is over the 12 months and u wish to avail of teh new deal u won't have to pay for the connection again. Whether u get the discount if your still in your current contract i don't know. When eircom reduced there broadband costs a couple of years ago, they also reduced the cost for current customers, however that wasn't a bundled deal like the one BT are offering now.. Whether BT will do something similar, I guess well just have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Standard practice qBot, same with mobile phone networks, etc.. it's an incentive to encourage new customers, not retain existing ones. That's not to say it's not fair/nice!

So if you're with a non-BTIre DSL provider, then you're joining their service to which being part of another service makes no difference (an engineer still has to call to an exchange to swap you over).

If you're already with BTIre DSL, then you're just being screwed so that they can concentrate on getting new customers in.

.cg

Advertisement