Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Charges For Going over D/Load Limit

2»

Comments

WellyJ wrote:
    Exactly, im gonna hit nearly 200GB this month at the rate im going. And would do the same every month if it werent for that little niggling voice in my head saying to be careful JUST IN CASE they do charge :p

WellyJ

Yeah i get the feeling I'm near that too, but I can't check because of the stupid stats page being down!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Here, what's the address to measure the amount you've downloaded? Or how do you do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

holy CRAP, and I thought I was a rebel with the 23GB I downloaded one month :eek:

My GOD. What the HELL could you download? 2 months and my heard drive is filled beyond capacity FFS! Jesus mother of...

Is it possible to download 100GB a month with 512k? you'd need the bastid to be going 24/7...

I Just download 4x eps of Bleach, each 170MB(ish), in under an hour. For CHRIST sake, my download cap is just being gobbled up by this line. And now that the stats page isn't even working I can't check! I generaly doubled my 8GB cap each month, and didn't get charged, but with the implimentation of this 2mb, I dunno, gotta stave from the uber-downloadage for awhile and see how the bills come through. I'll let the more courageous(and by that I mean the more finacialy secure) people do the limit testing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Not gonna go into detail on what i download to hit these totals, but its not that hard really. I grabbed the first 20 episodes of Lost earlier today for example. thats 7.5 gigs straight up, couple that with lots of other episodes 24, scrubs, simpsons, etc and you would easily hit massive totals. Thats not counting all the other stuff that i shouldnt go into ;)

WellyJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Youve downloaded at least 7.5GBytes today!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy SH!T!

Ive spent the last 2 days getting Suse Linux DVD v9.3 from a torrent site(very slow I know!) with my 2mbit line and Im getting scared that I could go a little crazy this month.

Personially speaking I will probable be closer to 30GBytes than 24GBytes by the end of the month......but downloading 7.5GBytes(at least) in a single day!!!......thats the suggested daily limit of 10 BT users on the Plus package FFS!!!!

I couldnt care honestly how much you download....but imagine if your ISP starts asking questions about Piracy/Copyright????

• Advertisement
Advertisement