Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Ever Standing Ovations

• 11-04-2005 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I've been thinking about Matt Hardy after today's sad news and I remembered Matt Hardy getting a good standing ovation a couple of years ago on Smackdown after he lost a great match against Chris Benoit. if I remember correctly the match featured a Side Effect off the top turnbuckle.

Anyway, I was wondering what was the best ever standing ovation you've seen. For me, it was probably again on Smackdown and it was for Hulk Hogan. You probably remember it as there was a Hogan chant for like 5 minutes straight. I hear Hogan got a great ovation at the Hall of Fame ceremony recently also.

Anyone remember any more good standing ovations?

Comments

Wow there's so many to choose from. I guess mine would be when Triple H returned after his knee surgery. The crowd went ballistic!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

John Cena's at WM 21 :p

only one I can think of at the moment is Hogans at this years hall of fame. It was an amazing sight

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

the ovation lesnar v goldberg got at last years wrestlemania with most people standing and heading for the snack bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Hogan when he returned to Smackdown.That was unforgettable.Another one which i cant believe has not been mentioned and thats Chris Benoit after he had a match with Kurt Angle at No Way Out 2003.

If you remember Benoit lost the match but after the crowd stood up and applauded him for his effort and his performance.He lost the match but in everyones eyes he was the man in that match.Not only did he job for Angle but he really got over in thast match.

So it would be Hogans return and Benoits after match ovation that comes to my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^^^ That was the Royal Rumble 2003, and for me that was the best. Great ovation, for the best wrestling match seen in the wwe ever. I remember Cole saying "Taz, we are talking about the road to Wrestlemania...this match could HEADLINE Wrestlemania". He was so right.

The Hogan one ye are on about actually had to edited something serious. Apparently it took 20 minutes before he could get a word out edgeways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yes I forgot about the Benoit ovation at the Rumble. That probably gave the WWE writers the kick up the arse they needed to start giving Benoit a decent push. Austin got a good ovation as well at No Way Out 2003 when he returned and beat up Bischoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Hogan V Rock even after the match, the crowd was going wild for them.
    Also Angle after his return from nek surgery
    Austin as well but he has so many it's hard to choose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

For me it has to be Hogan on the SmackDown after mania18 I think it was. WOW what an ovation. Lasted for about 10 minutes. The Montreal crowd always gave Hogan a massive reception whenever he wrestled there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Hogan at WM 18 wins hands down.
    But Austin at WM 13 also got a great ovation after he passed out to the Sharpshooter rather than give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

Royal rumble Chris benoit vs kurt angle.
    The Night after the first tag team ladder match on raw with edge and christian and the hardy boys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

My one last week when i returned to work after two days off......

INCREDIBLE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lamar

Kenny007 wrote:
    Wow there's so many to choose from. I guess mine would be when Triple H returned after his knee surgery. The crowd went ballistic!!! :)

^^ definitley the same one in my opinion............

Advertisement