Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Small Bike

Options
  • 11-04-2005 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Can anyone reccomend me a small engined bike with very cheap insurance, as I've only just turned 16. My dad posted here about a TZR before but insurance was horrible. I've always liked Yamahas so if I could get 1 of those it would be fantastic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

Nsr 125

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Cheers con9903, what would insurance be like on 1 of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I don't know if anything is affordable from an insurance perspective, when you're 16.. :( e.g. 9 grand fully-comp for an NSR125.. (only 5.6 grand Third-party!)..

Have a look at: http://www.hiberniandirect.ie/

Might be best off looking at a 50cc moped..
    Sorry to be the bubble-burster..

To be honest I wasn't expecting the first reply would be a 125. I just want a cheap to insure bike, so I can move on to something bigger eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Try hiberniandirect (link above).. Just plug in numbers for different bikes, and it'll instantly give you a rough approximation of your quote..

• Advertisement

Cheers Krusty_Clown, I'll check that out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

virago. Insurance will be about a fifth of what it would be on an nsr 125.. ok so maybe a fifth is exaggerating... it'll be less.

god I didn't think it was that bad. You're better off going with one of those 50cc replicas for the moment, for insurance costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

rymus wrote:
    virago. Insurance will be about a fifth of what it would be on an nsr 125.. ok so maybe a fifth is exaggerating... it'll be less.

Not if it's a restricted NSR 125, then they'd both be in insurance group 2 and the quote would be identical

Aye if you're not mad on the regular scooters you could always try these funky ones, gilera

suzuki

derbi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wanna buy my virago? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I've got a great little moped for sale group 1 insurance cna't get any lower.
    I was in the same situation as you when I was 16 but all motorbikes even 50cc ones start at group 2 insurance, I've been saving like a futher mucker and hope to buy an restricted 125 nsr when I turn 18 in the summer insurance will be €2200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

For a Yamaha fan, try a TDR125. Loads of em about, and very low insurance group.

Advertisement