Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM Job applications - Updated July 29th!

Options
  • 11-04-2005 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi there,
    Just wondering whats the next step in the Job application process-presumably there will be interviews for various positions taking place-any idea when this will be happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello there,

We got a whole shedload of applications in response to our recruitment advertisements. We're going to spend the next little while sorting through and shortlisting applications and will be arranging interviews after that. Will be more specific on dates as soon as we can.

For more details go to: Phantom recruitment page

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

How many applications did you get?

Hello all,

I cant go into exact figures but we got in or around 700 applications for the advertised positions at Phantom FM. These were spread over the broadcast, production sales and administration sides of the stations operation.

More news as soon as we have it.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

Jesus! don't envy you for the amount of work that must have gone into that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Katgirl

anyone heard anything back yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

nope! It's such a pity all this legal stuff is happening, that's probably what's delaying things. phantom will kick zed's ass anyway. ;) Good luck to everyone who applied!

Hello all,

Apologies again for the delay in getting back to people with regard to possible employment with Phantom FM. This is of course caused by the current legal action being taken by Scrollside/ZED FM against the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland which is ongoing.

Under the circumstances we are not currently in a position to shortlist or call applicants for interview. We will however be replying to all applicants shortly indicating if we propose to further consider specific applications when our position has been clarified.

The legal challenge is a circumstance that we are not directly involved in and as such it is largely beyond our control.

Once again, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to applicants. Frustration all round.

Please feel free to contact us work@phantomfm.com with any specific queries, or give the office a call on 01 478 0363.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JohnBalfe

Thanks for the update, Pete.

That's somewhat of a weight off my shoulders.

John

Hey, thanks for letting us know Pete, it's such a pity all of this is happening but i'm sure it'll all work out ok in the end.
    sweet o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 PlanetPob

Why John?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

PlanetPob wrote:
    Why John?

I'd imagine it would be related to the notion of no news being good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

I'm still expecting a rejection letter :o

roxy wrote:
    I'd imagine it would be related to the notion of no news being good news.

Yeah exactly. I was worried that the date of which they'd be notifying the applicants had gone by and I'd heard nothing.

I'm sure that Phantom will breeze through this court process. I was speaking to Dan Hegarty not so long ago about the whole ridiculousness of it.

JohnBalfe wrote:
    Yeah exactly. I was worried that the date of which they'd be notifying the applicants had gone by and I'd heard nothing.

I'm sure that Phantom will breeze through this court process. I was speaking to Dan Hegarty not so long ago about the whole ridiculousness of it.

CLANG!!

ThatBloke wrote:
    CLANG!!

That reminds me of something that 'Saturday Night Live' castmember Horatio Sanz said to me not so long ago... Ah, memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 PlanetPob

Why John?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭QM79

Anybody hear anything?

PS Regards to all! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mittens

Nothing yet......fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Got my rejection slip this morning :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

aye, me also. I knew I'd be away next year anyway, but man... that really hurt my ego!

• Advertisement

Hello all,

We are finally now sending out letters to those who applied for positions at Phantom FM. Basically, the "no, not at this time" letters are being sent out first. I know it says it on every letter like this but there really has been an overwhelming response to the ads (over 700 applications for about 30 full and part time positions!). We will probably be interviewing about 150 people so thats nearly 600 who had to get the "no, not at this time" letters. And can I stress the "not at this time" bit.

For the others, there will be a letter in the coming weeks to say that yes, we are interested in calling for interview but of course, will not be in a position to do so until the ZED FM/BCI court case is sorted.

The sending out of all these letters will probably take a few weeks to complete. Any queries as always, email to work@phantomfm.com and thank you for your patience during this process.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

PeteReed wrote:
    thats nearly 600 who had to get the "no, not at this time" letters

I hope for your sake you're using those envelopes you don't have to lick. ;)

got the 'ol rejection slip this morning too. according to your message though, looks like a fellow dj friend of mine has an interview, I'm so happy for her!!

Anyway, I'm only barely into my twenties, sure I've plenty of time to get my ideal job...in the meantime, check out http://sweet-oblivion.tripod.com and you can find out how to hear me do my thing on college radio. And today I found out I'll be djing weekly in one of the biggest clubs in this city so as one door closes, another opens.

still, good luck to all called to be interviewed, you obviously deserve it!
    to the rest of us, sure there's always next time! :D

still, good luck to all called to be interviewed, you obviously deserve it!
    to the rest of us, sure there's always next time! :D
    Too right, and well done on the gig.

Hello again all,

Just to answer a couple of questions that have come in today.

No, we haven't sent out all the "no, not at this time" letters. We have done the on-air presentation types and are moving on to sending out news, production, admin etc in the next few days.

No, we have no idea when interviews will be. All depends on the court action, that we're not involved in :)

Yes, if you have changed your address since March and your application, then email work@phantomfm.com or phone (01) 478 0363 during office hours.

Think thats it for now.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

Pete Reed wrote:
    Too right, and well done on the gig.

Thanks! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

looks like a fellow dj friend of mine has an interview, I'm so happy for her!!

Is she Canadian?

Latest update: 90% of the presentation "not at this time" letters have no gone out. Next is News and Production which will go out in the next few days. Once again if you have changed address or suchlike since your application, send us an email to work@phantomfm.com for confirmation.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭happydude13

I've seen this typo before
    Pete Reed wrote:
    Latest update: 90% of the presentation "not at this time" letters have no gone out.

I tihnk he meant 'now' :)

Hello all,

Latest Update at July 29th. We have been continuing to plough through all the applications. Almost, but not all of the "not at this time" letters have gone out and in the last few days, we have begun sending out the "yes, we would like to talk to you..eventually" letters. Should all be sent out in the next couple of weeks.

As always, if you have had a change of address since applying, or are away from home, then bop an email to work@phantomfm.com and let us know.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

is that for all jobs like promotions and stuff too?

Advertisement