Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Server uses protocol 43"

Options
  • 11-04-2005 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

This message comes up every time I play Quake 3 Arena from Gamespy Arcade.

I've downloaded the latest(and last) patch for Quake 3. So I figure , Punkbuster is not downloading automatically.

I get the security files pbsec.htm and the admin pbsecsv.htm and put them were im told to. into the /pb folder.

The client program: wc001153.htm i put into pb/htm as well as wa001345.htm int the way im supposed to.

After putting in these files I still get the protocol 43 message .

Any body know what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

You are trying to connect to a server which is not updated with the latest point release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

be great if you could get on it though, only noobs play 1.27 or maybe radicalists

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

there actually is a scene though... some big fish even have a 1.27 clan in quake3, and there used to be some very busy servers. Was the same last time I loaded up 1.17, and up until recently there was also some form of life in q3test.

Advertisement