Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Wrong With My Ds???

Options
  • 11-04-2005 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

I bought a used DS of an American 2 weeks ago. It was scratched but that was the full extent of the damage. I've had it for 6 days and it was working grand until I woke up yesterday. I turned it on and it should say

NINTENDO DS
    Health and Safety sh1te

Tap touchscreen to continue

My DS shows this screen but does not show "Tap Touchscreen" It just starts automatically. It brings me to the menu and the stylus has no effect whatsoever. There is no scratches on the screen and its not visibly damaged.
    Sometimes when I tap the bottom of the screen, it activates something at the top of the sceen. I'm really confused. Please help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,344 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

cRaZZeeLR wrote:
    I bought a used DS of an American 2 weeks ago. It was scratched but that was the full extent of the damage. I've had it for 6 days and it was working grand until I woke up yesterday. I turned it on and it should say

NINTENDO DS
    Health and Safety sh1te

Tap touchscreen to continue

My DS shows this screen but does not show "Tap Touchscreen" It just starts automatically. It brings me to the menu and the stylus has no effect whatsoever. There is no scratches on the screen and its not visibly damaged.
    Sometimes when I tap the bottom of the screen, it activates something at the top of the sceen. I'm really confused. Please help!!!
    thats sounds like its fuc'ked up

im not sure i could be well wrong i hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Has automatic start been enabled?

Try holding down the start button while it is starting up and see if that gets you anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Maybe the calibration is borked. Recalibrate in the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

haha...

Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Would've worked better if you didn't say "haha..." first.

So there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Maybe the calibration is borked. Recalibrate in the settings.
    But I cant calibrate it if it doesnt work!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

What doesnt work? Your touch screen? Then it is broken and your DS is broken.

If you mean that you cannot get into calibration then I don't know the problem because you can get in without the touchpad. If the game is starting up without going to the main screen then you have set the DS to auto start, boot it up without a game.

Advertisement