Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Naked Camera episode 2

• 11-04-2005 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

its the ad break now. man, that setup with the courier and the goldfish was so off the wall. loved it. i cant remember the last time i laughed at irish television so much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Thought the dude in Maplin looking for a magnet to repolarise his head was pretty funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

LMAO this is class. The whistling chap is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

TimAy wrote:
    LMAO this is class. The whistling chap is hilarious.
    "keep the change"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

piss poor apart from *whistle* "keep the change"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

this is awful stuff

The grotesque and unfunny Patrick McDonnell plays more obnoxious characters - does he ever do otherwise?

hateful, hateful, hateful

"I'm Eoin McLove" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    this is awful stuff

The grotesque and unfunny Patrick McDonnell plays more obnoxious characters - does he ever do otherwise?

hateful, hateful, hateful

"I'm Eoin McLove" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Feel free to revert to "Frasier" at any time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

wot channel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭highdef

I think it's pretty funny too - The goldfish one being the funniest.

It's over, was on RTE 2 at 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Makaveli wrote:
    It's over, was on RTE 2 at 10.
    :( No fair :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I can imagine the poor Maplin's assistant is going to be mercilessly torturued tomorrow with requests about headphones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Eoin Mclove and the girl are just not funny, the other guy isn't too bad, tapping the guy on the dart with the newspaper and wanting a George Best tattoo on his arse.

"You Dubliners are all the same" lol

The woman is shockingly unfunny.
    I was gonna switch it off but decided to watch it til the end. Eoin McLove is shíte aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

"Oh God I'm so angry. Ooh how did we not win that match? I'm a rugby player, I'm bigger than you"...

Pitiful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

The Georgie best tattoo on the arse joke was the best. I wet myself laughing, he's hilarious.

Didn't think muh of the girl last night though, having said that the traffic warden clip in the first episode was kinda funny. She was telling your name she's drop the fine if your man slept with him. Classic that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

watched this last night. the clips on footage and permits just were not funny..
    the guy on the dart and the george best tattoo were funny :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

"Oh God I'm so angry. Ooh how did we not win that match? I'm a rugby player, I'm bigger than you"...

Pitiful...

god that was cringeworthy. followed into a close second by "this whole room smells of fart."

the "keep the change" thing was good though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

You just had to laugh at guy wanting to try out the bath.
    But I agree, the scenes with your one were shocking..
    They were so bad, they were funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

OMG! that series sucks donkey balls! how the fook do ye find it in the least bit funny? I watched a few mins of it last week and I had to turn it off or else I would have become a vegetable! the 'comedy' is so stale! I mean it ripped off Trigger Happy TV, which was legendary, and made this mundane piece of ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭teck-x5

The goldfish part was the best I could watch the courier guys reaction all night. A lot of it was really **** like that hotel stuff I ended up just changing the channel every time that came up...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Funniest show RTE ever produced! The Christmas jumper fella is class.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

This is yet another attempt by RTE to copy a format and do it badly. The award for the most unfunny person ever has to go to yer one in the hotels. What the hell was that for? Chuckled a bit at yer man with the headphones and the courier but that was just a very mild chuckle. RTE should just stick to importing comedy. Leave it to the professionals or get some decent producers in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Armen Tanzarian

Fcuk, missed it, anyone got a .torrent??
    I'm not about to google it, god knows what I'll download

Fcuk, missed it, anyone got a .torrent??
    I'm not about to google it, god knows what I'll download

It's not worth the download :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Absolute tripe,Im past even expecting something good from the rte comedy stables. They just cannot produce good telly,its beyond them, absolutely atrocious stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Marts wrote:
    OMG! that series sucks donkey balls! how the fook do ye find it in the least bit funny? I watched a few mins of it last week and I had to turn it off or else I would have become a vegetable! the 'comedy' is so stale! I mean it ripped off Trigger Happy TV, which was legendary, and made this mundane piece of ****e!

Couldnt agree me. The girl is just terrible. I think she's trying to play the dry wit funny, but fails oh so miserably.
    THe bloke that was on Fr Ted is woeful, but the other chap salvages the show somewhat.

I always thought, when watching shows like Trigger Happy, that the Irish would be great targets with our wit. Shame this show just fails to tap it right.
    I mean, Murphys Candid Camera was classic.... but this just shows total lack of originality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Enjoyed the first episode but thought this one wasn't as good. The Gorge Best sketch was so offensive. It made it unfunnier when he kept pulling down his trousers. Don't find that type of thing funny.

LFCFan - I wouldn't dare watch some of the programs I've just found that you watch (done a search). :) Nip/Tuck. :eek: You are a big fan of American TV and its no coincedence that American's wouldn't be really into this type of humour. We all have our own tastes and you'd be doing well to find anyone around my area that wouldn't find Naked Camera funny. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its crap. I think a lot of its down to the fact that I can relate to the likes of the person on the dart or the courier that makes it so funny.

I can honestly say that I never once watched any of the list below that I've taken from one of your posts:
    Arrested Development
    Nip/Tuck
    Scrubs
    Las Vegas
    Cold Case
    Stargate SG1
    Stargate Atlantis
    Joey (jury still out)
    Desperate Housewives (jury still out here too)
    Rescue Me (Looks like it has potential)

orangerooster - out of your list below I've only watched Fr.Ted.
    1: Band of Brothers.
    2: Family Guy.
    3: Fr.Ted.
    4: New Battlestar Galactica.
    5: Futurama.
    6: Blackadder.
    7: Scrubs.
    8: DS9.
    9: Frasier.
    10: World at War.

Maybe I don't watch a lot of TV which probably explains it but I would never laugh at the Simpsons or Scrubs. I couldn't stop laughing on Monday evening though. I will admit though, the woman and the tatoo fella weren't that funny. :)

Sorry Eirebhoy, but you have a very warped sense of humour of you don't like the likes of Scrubs(the general concensus is that this is a well above average comedy) but laugh your ass off at Naked Camera (where the general consensus is that it's pure cack) :eek:

By the way, did you also like The Cassidys and Upwardly Mobile?

• Advertisement

Never heard of he Cassidys or Upwardly Mobile. :)

If there was nothing on, I'd watch Scrubs (with Digital there's always something on though :)). I've seen bits and pieces but never watched a full episode. I'm not saying its a bad show, just not really into American sitcoms. I'd also watch friends and I think its a brilliant show but I don't think I've ever laughed at it. Not my type of humour and I don't watch it for the comedy tbh.

BTW - I'm not saying my sense of humour isn't warped. I'm not alone though. If I went into my local tonight I'd be doing well to find anyone that watches Scrubs but we'd all be able to sit there and watch an episode of Naked Camera. :) Its just something that I can imagine the whole pub glooed to if it was on in the afternoon. Can't say the same about American sitcoms though. The show being Irish has a lot to do with it btw.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I think its a brilliant show but I don't think I've ever laughed at it. Not my type of humour and I don't watch it for the comedy tbh.

What in the name of god could you possibly watch friends for if not for the humour?
    BTW - I'm not saying my sense of humour isn't warped. I'm not alone though. If I went into my local tonight I'd be doing well to find anyone that watches Scrubs but we'd all be able to sit there and watch an episode of Naked Camera. :) Its just something that I can imagine the whole pub glooed to if it was on in the afternoon. Can't say the same about American sitcoms though. The show being Irish has a lot to do with it btw.

Christ, tell my the pub so I never wander in there by accident :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Absolute tripe,Im past even expecting something good from the rte comedy stables. They just cannot produce good telly,its beyond them, absolutely atrocious stuff.

I disagree. I reckon that with the likes of Bachelors Walk, Paths to Freedom and The Des Bishop Work Experience, I think they've finally discovered how to make decent comedy.

Naked Camera is a continuation of this and to my mind, hilarious. The first episode was great and the second, while not as good, still very funny.

LFCFan wrote:
    What in the name of god could you possibly watch friends for if not for the humour?
    I haven't a clue. I would never even crack a smile watching friends. I rarely laugh at a TV tbh. Naked Camera made me laugh as much as I've laughed at the TV in years though.
    Christ, tell my the pub so I never wander in there by accident
    Its actually my whole area (Pearse Street, D2) that would have the same sense of humour. Weird I suppose. I can imagine a load of snobs wouldn't find Naked Camera funny I suppose... ;)

I disagree. I reckon that with the likes of Bachelors Walk, Paths to Freedom and The Des Bishop Work Experience, I think they've finally discovered how to make decent comedy.

Naked Camera is a continuation of this and to my mind, hilarious. The first episode was great and the second, while not as good, still very funny.
    Bachelors Walk, Paths to Freedom and Des Bishop were all good shows but not pure comedy in the sense of a sit com or hidden camera show. Also, they were good because of the actors and writers. The likes of Naked Camera I think relies too much on RTE to be successful in their production and to be honest, they haven't a clue how to produce good comedy. Upwardly Mobile, The Cassidys and now Naked Camera are just cringingly bad!

I really want RTE to produce some decent comedy. Something as good as Paths to Freedom would be great. I just get the feeling that they don't care how good or bad stuff is as long as it fills a space.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I haven't a clue. I would never even crack a smile watching friends. I rarely laugh at a TV tbh. Naked Camera made me laugh as much as I've laughed at the TV in years though.

There are professional people out there that can help you ya know :)
    Its actually my whole area (Pearse Street, D2) that would have the same sense of humour.

Must be something in the water I guess :)
    I can imagine a load of snobs wouldn't find Naked Camera funny I suppose... ;)

I'm far from being a snob. I can see what they are trying to do with Naked Camera. They're trying the Trigger Happy TV style but failing miserably. I've laughed a lot at THTV because they have succeeded where Naked Camera is failing.

• Advertisement

LFCFan wrote:
    They're trying the Trigger Happy TV style but failing miserably. I've laughed a lot at THTV because they have succeeded where Naked Camera is failing.
    I don't think they're failing at all. The courier, the character on the Dart, the character in the Bathroom shop, the character with the headphones. They were all as good as anything that Trigger Happy showed, the fact that they're Irish just makes it so much funnier to me though as we can obviously relate to the Irish more. I thought Trigger Happy was great. The thing is though, some people just want a reason to slate RTE and if RTE repeated things as much as Trigger Happy did they'd be slated down to the ground (I don't know how many times I've seen "Hello, I'm in..." or the artist in the park). That is a fact.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I don't think they're failing at all. The courier, the character on the Dart, the character in the Bathroom shop, the character with the headphones.

All the same actor. If anything was funny in it, it was him making it funny. The rest of the cast let the show down though!

LFCFan wrote:
    Sorry Eirebhoy, but you have a very warped sense of humour of you don't like the likes of Scrubs(the general concensus is that this is a well above average comedy) but laugh your ass off at Naked Camera (where the general consensus is that it's pure cack) :eek:

By the way, did you also like The Cassidys and Upwardly Mobile?

actually i think it's pretty even, how about a poll maybe?

actually i think it's pretty even, how about a poll maybe?
    problem is, some people have only seen the first one, some only the second and some both. It seems to be that the first one was a lot better than the first. Maybe a poll after another few episodes??

good call, i personally thought the first was fantastic, second was a let down but still enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

Makaveli wrote:
    The woman is shockingly unfunny.
    I was gonna switch it off but decided to watch it til the end. Eoin McLove is shíte aswell.

it's hit or miss depending on the scenes they are doing. I thought She was great as the horny traffic warden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

eirebhoy wrote:
    Funniest show RTE ever produced! The Christmas jumper fella is class.
    yeah, I loved the one when he was buying the house in the first episode

Advertisement