Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Apprentice

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Yeah it is a good show, liked the first series too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

THe first series?

John

Oh you mean the american version..... Right.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yeah but then the players would be made to pay for their chairs in the boardroom...

daveirl wrote:

Personally I think Sugar makes terrible, terrible decisions.

Yes that's why he's worth 700 Million.

John

On a side note, did anyone see him on Jonathon Ross? Thought hecame across rather well. Married 37 Years, happy. Got three kids, and in his own words, "Even though their father is rich, they're not speeding around in Ferrari's and taking Cocaine, I'm proud of them" - or something along those lines.

I admire the man TBH, and he could handle Jonathon rather well.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Yup would have to agree on the interview with Ross.Came across as a bloke who knew where he came from and after all the money he has earned, solid head on him.

Seen on front of one of the papers today that one of the apprentices(Siara) i think.12,000 pounds worth of damage to the house they all lived in?....Didnt really see the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Anyone know the tune that was being played at the end of the show last Wednesday?

Good Lad Tim.

Live show was great, and the bust up between Paul and Saira was great.

Glad to hear he's confirmed a second series. He was knocking around the BBC last week, well that was for Jonathon Ross, but he was there all day. Normally the guests arrive in the evening.

John

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I thought he was great on the show. And I suppose he did make some mistakes (like not getting rid of Saira sooner) but he did e mail Miriam saying he regreted firing her.

I'm glad he's booked for a second series, he's far better than Trump could ever be.

Also, the best man won on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't know - I found Tim a bit insipid all the way through. The Paul/Saira bust-up was classic, but at least they did call a truce which I think was pretty decent of both of them.

Ah well...onwards to Series 2!

daveirl wrote:

How do you know? Do you work for him? How can you claim that he sacks the wrong people all the time. Again, he's worth 700 Million.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Ive applied to be on the next season. Couldnt find anything on the site saying non-english residents couldnt apply. They had that rule on the American version. Damn NBC :)

Ha! Good luck with that. If you do get on make sure you plug boards. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I don't know - I found Tim a bit insipid all the way through.

That's exactly what he was, even in the 'You're Hired' special. Everything he said was corny and schmaltzy and the audience kept applauding him. I nearly vomited. I just didn't see anything special in Tim all the way through, except a remarkable ability to play the role of ''East End lad done good'' to perfection - so affable and said all the right things i.e what people wanted to hear. Fair enough in the end because it got him the job, but it was very grating by the end.

I thought it was interesting, and perhaps very telling that we were never told what Tim would be doing within the company now. I preferred seeing Bill on the US series get to pick between projects and really get a sense of what he'd be up to once he started working for Trump.

I hope BBC2 put on season 2 of the US series now, apart from the swearing and heated arguments, the UK edition wasn't as fun as the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Arabel wrote:
    Ha! Good luck with that. If you do get on make sure you plug boards. :D

Haha yeah,"Look everyone we need to set up a Boards.ie meeting" oops sorry i meant to say Board meeting

@lump

You want that 700million dont ya.... :D

Great show bring on more BBC,looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Is anyone watching this BBC 2 programme??
    What person in their right mind would actually want to work for Alan Sugar?

Basically, it's just a novelty version of Big Brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Tennis

I have to say I was won over to Tim, literally in the last ten minutes of the show. In the end he was one of the youngest of the contestents, he was the one who wanted it most and he was the one that you felt would do best in the job. Great series overall, delighted its coming back for a second season. It has substance and relevence to the real world, two things Big Brother hasn't and will never have, and is vastly superior as a result. Looking forward to seeing more of the American Series as well, either on RTE or BBC Three. It's unlikely to go back to BBC Two as it did terribly in the ratings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

A great end to a fantastic show. Alan Sugar is really well suited to the show and can be extremely funny at times. I loved the bit on the the half hour show when he ripped the p1ss out of Paul for still thinking that he had the job.

In the end I thought Tim was a deserved winner although some of the things he was saying last night were a bit too Hollywood for myliking. "You too can make it in this crazy world if you work hard" and "I'm doing this for my mother who has always been my rock" or words to that effect. *gag*

What was Saira doing picking Paul to be in her final team? The 2 of them were at each others throats for most of the series. But she did handle his abrasive manner quite well I thought.

B.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:
    What was Saira doing picking Paul to be in her final team? The 2 of them were at each others throats for most of the series. But she did handle his abrasive manner quite well I thought.

I think she picked him because she wanted to try prove that she was better than him and that she could handle him. If you want to look deeper into it, maybe she wanted to show Sugar that she could forgive and forget and that she was strong enough to handle Paul and his temper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Good show, I think they pivcked the right man for the job...

Miriam rocked though, mmm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

daveirl wrote:

Listen to the radio interview on the bbc website, he explains why he sacks some people and keeps others and in other businesses people would be dying to get their hands on those saceked people...

daveirl wrote:

He came across being very anti-tv. He also commented that he didn't give a fúck if people liked him or not. The point I was making is he didn't make his 700 Million by hiring the wrong people. I don't think he'd hire the wrong person on the tv show, since it is he who has to pay the salary.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

daveirl wrote:

I don't agree with that at all. The reason why he gets flack for apparently sacking the wrong people is imo due to the fact that he sacks people who haven't necessarily done badly in a task but he feels they won't fit into his business so therefore sacks them when he gets a chance as they might not be on the loosing time the following week.

Miriam is a prime example of this. She performed brilliantly in the Tele-Sales task yet he sacked her. She even said that he sent her an email telling her that he probably shouldn't have sacked her but even if he hadn't of, that didn't mean that she would've gone on to win in the end.

B.

Advertisement