Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In-boards humour

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

hehe
    so do i. :D

Poor chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,366 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A bit late for newcomers to get a laugh - Revalco has edited *all* his posts to 'LOL'.

However, I will, of course, believe him when he 'tells' us what was in those posts originally. I will also believe everything he says from now on.

Anyone got a bridge for sale?

It *was* funny, in a sad way, watching him continuing to dig that hole, then ask for a helicopter rescue when he realised just how deep he was.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Aar- does anybody remember what was in the original posts? Still funny with the poor t!t editing all his posts to LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Aar- does anybody remember what was in the original posts? Still funny with the poor t!t editing all his posts to LOL.

If you read my posts on the thread you can see what he was trying to do.

In one of his posts he was saying that he was talking to someone on MSN
    and was just about to update his price but I managed to post the asking
    price first.

Hence he felt, that as he was "about" to post the price, that he should in
    fact be entitled to the item on sale.lol smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Damn.....I'd love to see the original posts.....I was wondering why all his posts said LOL yesterday.....I didn't even realise that he edited them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

A few people should have a copy of the posts before the edits from their email notifications. That was the quickest way of catching him out as one of these showed he had infact only offered 100 euro originally.

If anyone has any more of them they could post them here for those who missed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Blade wrote:
    A few people should have a copy of the posts before the edits from their email notifications. That was the quickest way of catching him out as one of these showed he had infact only offered 100 euro originally.

If anyone has any more of them they could post them here for those who missed them.

Yeah i remembered he offered €100 originally then he offered the asking price,was thinking of putting in a bid myself to be honest,it was well worth the money at asking price.Thought there for a minute when i seen your name Blade I was in trouble.. :D

Yeah, 'twas funny.

Basically, AFAIR, Revalco first offered €100, then Shiny offered asking price (actually guide price - there is a difference), then Revalco edited his first post to make it look like he had offered the asking price before Shiny.

Shiny called him on it, Revalco denied editing, then claimed he edited before Shiny's post (he didn't). Instead of putting his hands up and admitting his underhand tactics, he brazened it out (repeatedly) for a good while.

When Blade offered to check logs and give a one month ban to the real 'liar', Revalco then decided he didn't want the PC anyway.

Some of Revalco's 'original' posts can be seen in the thread as quotes - will give you a flavour.

Personally, if I was Revalco, I would go away, shed my skin, then come back as something less herpetological. How can he think he has *any* credibility left as 'Revalco'?

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Unfortunatly it's not on google cache :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2611030
    what a perplexing post.... first of all, theyre in antrim, which isnt ireland... second of all they're ROCKS - i suppose youre going to tell me how they vote and what their favourite colours are next?
    some nice replies

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2610688
    Chaz wrote:
    That's my uncle's brother's car - And yeah, I agree that it's a bit silly alright
    Um, wouldnt that still make him your (other) uncle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

LoL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

Well suppose this is the place to do this so i'd officially like 2 say sorry to Spaczed,Shiny,Esel,Blade,and Bringitdown for fooking up there for sale threads with my stupid & greedy self.Hope you guys can forgive me, i shouldn't have done what i did, i am a noob and was having a bad day and took it out on you guys and devered 2 be banned.

Sorry:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Fairplay,welcome to Boards.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Good stuff outta you. Ban was reduced to 3 weeks following your first PM apology, let's make it 2 now following this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

It takes guts to own up and take it with a bit of humour, good for you Revalco. Get that man a pint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Fair enough Revalco, I think you learned your lesson (and missed out on a free monitor!). Now if only all noobs took it on the chin like this instead of starting flame wars.

Remember boards members aren't out to get you, just play fair and all will be well.

Fair play to you, Revalco!

[edit: I believe your apology is sincere. ]

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yeah right. keep your puppy-dog eyes.

snake.

Advertisement