Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit unions

Options
  • 12-04-2005 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

How much will a credit union lend say on the basis of 1000 euro in savings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

A few years ago I was able to borrow £5000 with £1000 in savings. My savings in the Credit Union had been around £600, and they asked me to bring it up to £1000 to qualify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks for that monkeyfudge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Do Credit Unions take 20% off your savings when u want to close your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

In my credit union the first loan cannot exceed your share total, and the second one can then be up to 3 times your share total.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

KittyKat wrote:

AFAIK no, but if that was the case then just do a normal cash withdrawl and leave EUR 1 in there and then close the acount and you'll only lose EUR 0.20

• Advertisement

:) Thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Bond-007 wrote:
    How much will a credit union lend say on the basis of 1000 euro in savings?
    Every credit union has their own policies/rules. You'll need to check out your own credit union.
    KittyKat wrote:
    Definitely NOT - Where did you get this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

There are two locals ones here . One has no limit and the other is a multiple of 8.

RainyDay wrote:
    Every credit union has their own policies/rules. You'll need to check out your own credit union.

Definitely NOT - Where did you get this from?

Heard it from a friend, but she got the whole thing wrong.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Well maybe she was referring to the fact that you can't withdraw yer whole chunk of savings once you get the loan - the original savings as security,,,

• Advertisement

Ya actually that makes a bit of sense now. Cheers. :)

Advertisement