Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ONKYO VS Monitor Audio Radius Package VS BOSE Lifestyle

Options
  • 12-04-2005 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

ONKYO VS Monitor Audio Radius Package

Im complety new to this whole thing. The situation was I was considering buying bose lifestyle system but on advice of alot of people I been told it is extremely overpriced.Basically I want a quality home entertainment system for under 2500 euro 2000 euro would be even better. I want it for both music and surrond sound for films. I plan to hook a rear projection television,xbox,ps2,video,dvd,mp3 player up to this on advice of two
    stores they have told me to go with Onkyo wih jamo speakers and the other
    advised the Audio Radius Package both claimed these would beat bose hands down. Can anyone give me advice on which of these systems would be a better choice and how they compare to bose i can get a lifestyle 2500. Also any other suggestions for systems in this price range wud be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

BOSE are style over substance, very pricy for what they are, and to be honest they don't sound great. They're positioned in the market exactly at people like you, first time buyers looking to buy quality. So they concentrate on marketing, and have high prices to convince you that you're getting something good.

As for the speakers, Monitor Audio are a well respected maker. I have a 7.1 set of Bronze as home and love them. The Radius is a neater speaker and well reviewed.

There are also some mini sets like KEF eggs that get great reviews.

I've also heard the these Mordaunt Short in a friends house with a Pioneer amp they're great.

Jamo is a lovely speaker, high end and you're paying for the style and the name over the speaker performance. Also it's hard to ge a good deal, they're non widely stocked.

If you're new to this, buy separates. Yamaha, Pioneer, Denon all have nice entry level amps.

The internet is the place to buy, some tremendous deals can be gotten on Uk and particularly german web sites like hificomponents.de

The Yamaha RX-V650/750 prices are delicious!!

Advertisement