Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

failing indicator switch on a 206

Options
  • 12-04-2005 7:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

my indicator switch seems to start failing on my 2 year old 206. Yesterday it occasionally did not indicate when turning right, had to be somehow pulled to me (and by doing it I flashed a couple people inadvertently) or held by hand about 50-60% to the right (from center, not past the a locking point).
    From today it seems that going left is developing a similar problem, it no longer responds when I tip it gently, I have to go at least 40% to the left to trigger it. The one going right works about 50% of the time.

Now my question is - would this be something I could repair myself, disasembling the steering wheel assembly is not something I'd looking forward to though. Or when having it fixed by a garage, could it be done in a reasonably quick fashion (1-2 hours?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Welcome to the joys of multiplex circuits. Sure they cut down on the amount of wiring but when made by peugeot, they're not the particularly reliable. It's unlikely that you'll be able to diagnose the fault, let alone fix it. This is a known weak point on 206's and 307's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

The indicator is acting up on the family 206 too, turn on the right indicator and it starts indicating really fast. I think it's a fuse or bulb problem or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Funkstard wrote:
    The indicator is acting up on the family 206 too, turn on the right indicator and it starts indicating really fast. I think it's a fuse or bulb problem or something
    One of your bulbs is blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

well indicating really fast is nearly always just one bulb gone, so indicate get out and take a look. I had the same issue on my 306 with indicator switch and i now have two spare !! If your looking for one pm me as i paid 50 each but 20 is fair i think, check it will fit first and that you wnat to do it yourself..

Advertisement