Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Night's Raw

• 12-04-2005 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Proved yet again that HHH is a major part of the creative team.

Without spoiling it for anyone - it showed that when in doubt, HHH will always make himself look stronger then the champion - no matter who it is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

with thsat said ph3nom,

thats been happening since 2002.Whether he was the champ or not.

examples HBK,Scott Steiner,RVD,Booker T,Goldberg,Kevin Nash even Orton.Now we see it happening with Batista although not to a greater extent.

The only people i see him putting over was Benoit and Shelton Benjamin.

All the others I've mentioned were beaten and forgotten about or won and had short stints before losing the belt back to HHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Look at the below time-line. he has been out of the decision once in the last 3 years, when Orton beat Benoit. Sorry about the American dates.

CHAMPION....... DEFEATED....... DATE
    Triple H ............n/a ................09-02-02
    Shawn Michaels.... Triple H...... 11-17-02
    Triple H........... Shawn Michaels.. 12-15-02
    Goldberg............ Triple H.......... 09-21-03
    Triple H.............. Goldberg......... 12-14-03
    Chris Benoit......... Triple H.......... 03-14-04
    Randy Orton....... Chris Benoit....... 08-15-04
    Triple H.............. Randy Orton...... 09-12-04
    Triple H ...............n/a.......... 01-09-05

Its gone a bit mad really. Its getting boring. he needs to be away from the title seen for about 2 years. Maybe he feels he will lose credibility if he doesnt have the belt, but look at the star power of Kurt Angle/Shawn Michaels/ Undertaker etc. Still credible without holing the title.

thats what i was thinking in my head but i think there was one other ppv he didn't headline.one ppv was benoit vs Kane....am i right?

anyway the point is HHH is hogging the main event status.I wouldn't go as far as saying 2 years for him not to contend the belt.it was done differently pre summer 2002

every month or two you would have different superstars challenge for the belt.we had rock v jericho,stone cold v jericho,hhh v jericho,hogan v hhh,undertaker v hogan etc.

They have this on Smackdown.I cant see JBL losing the title,getting rematch after rematch after rematch on ppvs.i think the same should be done on Raw.Benoit could challenge Batista after Backlash,then HBK,Jericho,benjamin,Christian,then HHH.

blackbelt wrote:
    thats what i was thinking in my head but i think there was one other ppv he didn't headline.one ppv was benoit vs Kane....am i right?

No. You are thinking of bad Blood 2004. The main event in that was the HBK Vs HHH HIAC as far as I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick wrote:
    No. You are thinking of bad Blood 2004. The main event in that was the HBK Vs HHH HIAC as far as I remember.

Yes, that's right. Those statistics you put up gimmick highlight how problematic Triple H is. From what I've read, alot of guys in the back were unhappy about how Triple H hogged the spotlight from Benoit while he was champ. If you remember that match on Raw between Michales and Benoit that was hyped up alot, Triple H ended up ruining it by hitting the pedigree on Michaels. He always has to be in the spotlight. I think it's clear he has set his sights on beating Flair's record of title reigns or at the very least, equalling it. It is ridiculous. It's like bands like Westlife getting compared to the Beatles by having a string of number 1s. Triple H will never be in the same league as guys like Hogan, Hart, Austin etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

It sounds bad but if only he got injured or something to take him off the screens for a while.

i have to agree brow..that is bad.

I wouldn't wish injury on any superstar.I would love for HHH to leave wwe for a few months to do films or spend time with steph.or take a backseat for a while.it would freshen up his character.

Yeah when i read back over it I realised how bad it sounded but you know what I meant. As you put it if he would just take time off to do something else he wouldnt seem so stale and boring all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

My guess is Helmsley not gonna stop dropping and regaining the belt till he beats Flair 16 time record.He's won 10 in less than 6 years so another 6 and beyond is very feasable.

Now if i was to have my wish, he would'nt get injured, or head off to Bollywood to make another flick.

No, i'd love for him to be caught playing away from home by Steph.
    Vince would have him joining the kiss my ass club, jobbing on Heat and booted out the door within a week.

Well i can dream, can't i?

it would be funny to see HHH jobbing to Hurricane,Rosey and co.

but that wouldn't happen in a million years because HHH is not stupid enough to risk his ticket to the top by playing away.Plus if i was with steph.....i think i'd be more than satisfied in more ways than one catch my drift lol :D

• Advertisement

blackbelt wrote:
    it would be funny to see HHH jobbing to Hurricane,Rosey and co.

but that wouldn't happen in a million years because HHH is not stupid enough to risk his ticket to the top by playing away.Plus if i was with steph.....i think i'd be more than satisfied in more ways than one catch my drift lol :D

Indded, i'd be more than happy with Steph, but HHH has proven in the past he has a lot of bedroom energy, when he was knocking off Steph and Chyna at the same time for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Every single RAW HHH takes a good 30 minutes of air time with a speech.
    I am just glad i Tivo it so that i can fast forward. I am a little sick of that!

Brow wrote:
    It sounds bad but if only he got injured or something to take him off the screens for a while.

Be carefull what you wish for...

http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=13206/articles/news

Creepy!

It would not be good to lose Randy orton and HHH. Raw will suffer if that is the case!

nevernev wrote:
    Creepy!

It would not be good to lose Randy orton and HHH. Raw will suffer if that is the case!

I disagree, Raw has plenty of guys who can step up and challenge Batista and make Main Event-quality matches.

D-FENS wrote:
    I disagree, Raw has plenty of guys who can step up and challenge Batista and make Main Event-quality matches.

I did not say anything about challenging Batista in all fairness. I just mean in general it is two bad loses in two weeks.
    Not that we know HHH is out yet...

nevernev wrote:
    I did not say anything about challenging Batista in all fairness. I just mean in general it is two bad loses in two weeks.
    Not that we know HHH is out yet...

OK, Then what area's of Raw will suffer, as you said?
    Because HHH was'nt going to be doing anything else bar challenge Batista, and Orton pretty much the same.
    I would have thought challenging Batista was the goal of any top star on Raw at the moment.

Well, if this is a serious injury, it will most certainly open the door for Edge to go the extra mile to make it as a main eventer. Possibly it may be an oppurtunity for Christian to step up also.

Orton isnt a loss to the main event scene, as he isnt a main eventer. They tried him in that role, and it crashed and burned something huge.

Love or loathe HHH, he is the only real credible main event level heel there at the moment, and whether that is down to his 'politicking' or not is questionable.

gimmick wrote:
    Orton isnt a loss to the main event scene, as he isnt a main eventer. They tried him in that role, and it crashed and burned something huge.

I think WWE would disagree with you there, they have have accepted his title run last year was less then successful, but they still have big plans for him, not least his little promise to pay back Batista for his injury when he returns.Wheither or not Batista still has the belt be then we''ll just have to wait and see.

gimmick wrote:
    Well, if this is a serious injury, it will most certainly open the door for Edge to go the extra mile to make it as a main eventer. Possibly it may be an oppurtunity for Christian to step up also.

But that is what i meant earlier. I think losing both at the same time is a huge blow and sure you can say it opens the path for Edge but seriously will Edge sell out a ppv being in the main event? I do not like the idea of edge as the champ. He is a good wrestler and all but i think he lacks charisma big time!

Although this is true i like the idea of Orton as champ a lot better. He reminds of the rock at times. And i really enjoyed his match with the Undertaker at WM!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Only HHH could get injured by Rosey - as Rosey is incredibly careful for such a big guy.

That said - get the belt of Batista, back around Jericho and let Jericho feud with

Benoit
    HBK
    Angle
    Eddie
    Rey
    Benjamin
    Haas
    Hurricane
    Christian
    Edge

That alone gives (according to my calculations) nearly 4-5 years of decent, long feuds - which makes me bloody happy - hell even if they traded the belt ever 6 months between that list, I would give a damn, atleast HHH is away from it

the list indicates that you would turn jericho heel again?

to be honest I am so sick of RAW right now, that would actually be a good thing. Jericho as a heel is fantastic but I just want all "giants" away from the title

But Jerichos title run was a joke when he was a heel last time. He was possibly the least credible champion ever. He never got a clean win, he needed a cheat to beat a rookie Maven ffs.

By the time he lost the title to our friend, he was Stephs bitch, looked weak, and never even looked like possibly winning the main event.

So, I would hate to see him as a heel champ again, or at least if his reign was as mundane as last time. Maybe if he an Angle type heel it would be good.

gimmick wrote:
    But Jerichos title run was a joke when he was a heel last time. He was possibly the least credible champion ever. He never got a clean win, he needed a cheat to beat a rookie Maven ffs.

By the time he lost the title to our friend, he was Stephs bitch, looked weak, and never even looked like possibly winning the main event.

So, I would hate to see him as a heel champ again, or at least if his reign was as mundane as last time. Maybe if he an Angle type heel it would be good.

then bring back Ralphus and all shall be well again.

Jericho can be a very credible heel champion, he proved it countless times in the past, just not as WWE champion (which is a pity). However I am just sick of "lets stick the belt on another hoss" - I want to see someone with actual wrestling talent be the champion. Somone who can bring back that little bit of pride wrestlers used to have with the belt - now they look bored

^^^ I see your point, but we all know that if he is turned again, he will just be a whiny cringer again, like everytime he has been a heel in WWE/F.

Ph3n0m wrote:
    then bring back Ralphus and all shall be well again.

:confused:

Oooohh damn i'm going to hell for that comment....

I doubt that HHH is going to disapear if he his indeed injured. I'd say we can expect him to do a segent every once in a while just to let us know how angry he is blah blah blah wants revenge blah blah blah etc etc etc.

But in fairness I'd love to see who can step up and take this opportunity whilst he heals. But with a roster trade coming up as well it should be interesting.

Advertisement