Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive Rents for Ryder Cup 2006

Options
  • 12-04-2005 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Apparently there will be massive rents on offer for the locals surrounding Strafan.

Does anyone have more info on this and contacts for people with property close by.

What would be great is a table of location versus property type versus rent that could be expected :cool: !

Have a look at this one : http://www.rydercuphomes.com/index_files/Page528.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

There was an article in the Ireland on Sunday about 2 weeks ago quoting up tp $77k for places much bigger than that.
    After that was published, the company(Ryder Cup Travel Services - they're the only official company) came out in the local papers around the K-club saying it would be nothing like that, just tabloid talk. Though people will probably make money on it alright!

The official site is here: http://www.rcts.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"40 minutes from Airport" - Westlink toll time not included :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I have hear of quite a few properties in the area renting for figures like that.

I contacted www.rydercuphomes.com and the guy explained that the renter chooses their own price.
    Seemingly houses within 2 hours of the k-club can get easily €5K aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LazStanaridis

Has anybody looked into renting their house/apt. during the Ryder Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Has anybody looked into renting their house/apt. during the Ryder Cup?
    I want to but the wifey is not keen....I could probably get €30k for the 2 weeks...WOMEN!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Grad

If anyone is interested in renting their house or property for the ryder cup next year then check out...

www.rydercup-accommodation.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I'm pretty sure advertising isn't allowed on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

I read in todays Irish Independent that ther will be a shortage of accomodation for the Ryder Cup in September this year. After a quick browse on the interweb I came across sites that were offering properties for a weeks rental from between €5000 - €30000. some of these properties werin Kildare others in West Dublin. Is anybody else here considering this? Are these prices realistic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

a couple of my collegues have advertised on those sites since last June and have not got a single enquiry. They both have nice house on their own land within 15 mins drive of the Ryder cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

In my experience from co-developing www.rydercuphomerental.com, the majority of interest for accomodation is from the US.

There is a large interest in renting accomodation and the most popular houses seem to be the ones with all the extras :

Gym
    Decking
    Pool table
    Broadband
    Digital
    Office

etc..........

And most importantly, at the end of the day you're renting your property as a holiday home.....all the little luxuries are very appealing to a potential customer.

Best of luck,

-pb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

offering properties for a weeks rental from between €5000 - €30000.
    they can offer them at what they want, no one is crazy enough to bite at those levels. u can rent a room in the raddison for ALOT less that that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

I have my site advertised on this site www.rydercuphomerental.com, i've had a fair few enquiries, but nothing concrete yet.

My house is advertised as Price On Application, so thats why I have gotten so many enquiries, I suppose most americans are looking for value, I don't blame them. I always shop around for accommodation before I go on holidays.

I'm hoping to get 8K for my 4 bed detached, but tbh i'd settle for 3K as i'm gonna be on holidays then anyway.

I only paid 50 beans to get my property listed, I think that was some special offer, not sure what it is now, they way I looked at it was for 50 squid I may aswell chance my arm and ask for 8K.....

B2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Where are you based Beta. Was going to list mine for 4k (although its a 2 bed apt). Was gonna offer collection and drop to airport and event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

I'm in Naas. Yea when they called out to take the photos they suggested that, stuff like airport pickups and having someone clean and make beds etc., the place would command a premium alright. I won't be here so I can't offer those services.

B2

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

Not too sure if I should be posting this here but delete if you want....

Anyone wanting to post a property for renting the weeks of The Ryder Cup in the K-Club, Straffan can put it up on Ryder Cup Rentals for free. It says that people can add property 'for a limited time' for free..

That is all;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

That sure is a handy link for anyone working in The Revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

have to say that these people renting out their homes are looking for crazy money...(8k for a 3 bed duplex in enfield for a week!) .....cant see too many people paying that kind of money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

whats the story with insurance and public liability. what happens if someone falls down your stairs and they want to sue you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

pbarry wrote:
    There is a large interest in renting accomodation and the most popular houses seem to be the ones with all the extras :

Gym
    Decking
    Pool table
    Broadband
    Digital
    Office

etc..........

-pb

Ok Mr.Barry, I'm not sure I believe there is a demand for this really.
    We have a couple of cousins staying with us during the Ryder cup for free, they're stewards at the event.
    They in turn have friends (also stewards)who are stayin in Athy (a bit far really!)having payed a deposit of 300 euro, think the totals a grand in a B & B with travel included.

Now, say we were to offer our house, with 5 ensuite bedrooms ( 1 fit for a disabled person), gym, office, sky digical and a barbeque area, in Maynooth, 15 minutes currently from the K-Club. What could I expect to make?

P.S. If they're looking for entertainment, I'll get the missus to do a jig!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Bluetonic wrote:
    That sure is a handy link for anyone working in The Revenue.

I've just had a horrific thought.

1. I rent my house for say €5k
    2. Being a responsible citizen I declare it on my annual return. and pay €2.5k tax
    3. Revenue computer system identifies this rental income and takes my FTB stamp duty relief

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would they do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

ixus wrote:
    Ok Mr.Barry, I'm not sure I believe there is a demand for this really.
    We have a couple of cousins staying with us during the Ryder cup for free, they're stewards at the event.
    They in turn have friends (also stewards)who are stayin in Athy (a bit far really!)having payed a deposit of 300 euro, think the totals a grand in a B & B with travel included.

Now, say we were to offer our house, with 5 ensuite bedrooms ( 1 fit for a disabled person), gym, office, sky digical and a barbeque area, in Maynooth, 15 minutes currently from the K-Club. What could I expect to make?

P.S. If they're looking for entertainment, I'll get the missus to do a jig!

I know I said luxuries but throwing in the missus.......:D

I recommend 750 - 1000 / person / week. The difference between charging 1000 or 750 depends on locality, transport etc.

Your property sounds ideal, and with the jig from the missus I'd say you could ask for 1000/person/week

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

narommy wrote:
    I've just had a horrific thought. 1. I rent my house for say €5k 2. Being a responsible citizen I declare it on my annual return. and pay €2.5k tax 3. Revenue computer system identifies this rental income and takes my FTB stamp duty relief OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would they do it
    You might be able to do it under the rent-a-room scheme. Offer your services as their in-house house-keeper for the week. You would need to check the rules of the scheme though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

narommy wrote:
    I've just had a horrific thought.

1. I rent my house for say €5k
    2. Being a responsible citizen I declare it on my annual return. and pay €2.5k tax
    3. Revenue computer system identifies this rental income and takes my FTB stamp duty relief

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would they do it
    Well are you renting your house? Question answered.

Leaving aside the moral question, you'll probably be caught eventually if you don't declare the income.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

why would people pay 8 grand when they can get a hotel room somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

does anybody know anything about public liability and having the correct insurance in place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Spfeno1

lomb wrote:
    why would people pay 8 grand when they can get a hotel room somewhere?

Check out the press releases section in http://www.tourrentals.com

Apparently the Brook Lodge Hotel in Wicklow has been booked for the event since 2001

Yet another good site for anyone seriously thinking of sticking the wife and kids in the Buy n' Sell for the week (free to take away section) and earning some cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Ra1ph

It's a couple of months since anyone posted on this thread. I'm wondering if anyone has actually secured a rental for their home for the duration of the Ryder Cup. Daft.ie has 19 pages of properties to let for the Ryder Cup. Eventleasing.com has 19 pages, rydercup-accommodation.com and rydercupsaccommodation.com also have numerous. Are these advertising sites the only ones making money from property rental or has the owner of that two-bed in Mullingar any chance of getting the EUR4000 they are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

I would of but am selling up at the mo. I think I posted before but what would concern me about Ryder rental is that the property would be seen as an investment property and subject to CGT if/when being sold. I don't know for sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Its a con all started by the advertising companies.
    I'm sure they made plenty of money from people advertising their houses.
    If you dont have it rented now, you're not going to get it rented at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

zod wrote:
    Apparently there will be massive rents on offer for the locals surrounding Strafan.

Does anyone have more info on this and contacts for people with property close by.

What would be great is a table of location versus property type versus rent that could be expected :cool: !

Have a look at this one : http://www.rydercuphomes.com/index_files/Page528.htm
    I logged on to this site when it opened first and this was the first house to go up on it and that was at least a year ago. They were originally asking €85k at the start. Big jump down to €35k now. I would guess most people travelling will have sorted accomodation by now. The only towns really to make a killing are Straffan, Clane & Maynooth. All the rest are just hopeful. Sallins & Naas, maybe Celbridge might get some rentals.

Advertisement